beech tree thin

RobArb

You have done a nice job its appears even but................................

I would have done it differently.

I would have thinned out pretty much exclusively the outer crown targeting long branches that are pushing there way out of the desired shape of the tree. I feel this would have set the tree up better for future reductions that may be necessary to pacify residents and retain the tree.

I think your right the tree didn't need thinning.

left a lot of the new epi on, took out just the one or two that were crossing or rubbing

it was a very pleasant tree to climb, not done a beech in ages and was like a kiddies climbing frame, could've done it without ropes but we all know thats against health and safety:lol:

try to think about those rubbers as future braces rob, they dont always wanna come out!:thumbup1:

left a lot of the new epi on, took out just the one or two that were crossing or rubbing

it was a very pleasant tree to climb, not done a beech in ages and was like a kiddies climbing frame, could've done it without ropes but we all know thats against health and safety:lol:

Rob, not usre you'd have got inot such good pruning positions from the MEWP...that is what you menat by no ropes yeah?, ha!

Paul

If that had been a private client rather than a LA you would have trouble getting the cheque, what are we saying here? "well done for doing next to nothing"

I would say more like "well done for using your skill, experience and knowledge and not blindly and unthinkingly following orders for the sake of an easy life". :thumbup1:

I don't think I've EVER put a 30% thin in a work spec'. If I had, I would have wanted my contractor to question my request if it meant that a better standard of tree work was achieved.

thank you janey:thumbup:

i do see your point stumpgrinder but i don't agree, if the client had of wanted more i would have tried to persuade otherwise

if they still wanted more i would have asked why and what the problem with it was

if they still want it more i still wouldn't have taken any more out but probably done a small (10-15%) reduction

thank you janey:thumbup:

i do see your point stumpgrinder but i don't agree, if the client had of wanted more i would have tried to persuade otherwise

if they still wanted more i would have asked why and what the problem with it was

if they still want it more i still wouldn't have taken any more out but probably done a small (10-15%) reduction

ok fair enough,

if it was a light issue I always think thinning is a bit of a fudge.