BATS :Still in the dark ?

bats-n-trees

It is gratifying to see the high level of interest in the bat related threads.A large number of hits and people expressing an interest in knowing more about bats,and bats and trees; the relationship.

I have attempted to answer some of the questions to date.But I feel it would be much better if I give you source details of some excellent material already published,so here are some. They are ideal to browse through for something of interest.There are books available of course,but not many cover the same ground .

I am on this forum because I love trees,the associated wildlife,flora and fauna,and not least the equipment.I find it an invaluable resource tool and often makes me chuckle.I think the healthy debates that go on are extremely useful because often it enlightens us(the browsers) into some else's thinking and experiences, and business ethos.

I wold be extremely grateful for any bat related info/stories so that we can increase our knowledge base for future generations.I know accidents with wildlife and other stuff goes on but I am not a Zealot.I think any information could prove beneficial. Because at this time I feel we still have a great deal to learn about bats and trees.

Thank you for reading this.

Don't worry there are no stupid questions,only stupid answers. And I am good at those !!

habitat_management_for_bats52 pages.pdf

WoodlandManagementForBats_web.pdf

giving-bats-a-good-innings.pdf

ENRR_661 english nature bat report.pdf

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt that be ....'bats 'n' trees' as opposed to 'in trees'?:001_rolleyes:

I,m bowled over by the responses already.And I thought I'd be on a sticky wicket.Never fear I am determined to bat on.Hope we don't need an umpire with all this?? Or is that what the moderator does on forums ?!! ( I have left a few more for later if needed )

Haha good come back! Cheers for the post we've just attended a course this week regarding bats etc and genuinely found it interesting especially as the next job were on involves trees that all have cavities in them peeling bark and ivy so off to buy my mag lite tomorrow.

Thanks Lorry.

Where was the course and who was you tutor as a matter of interest ?

Haha good come back! Cheers for the post we've just attended a course this week regarding bats etc and genuinely found it interesting especially as the next job were on involves trees that all have cavities in them peeling bark and ivy so off to buy my mag lite tomorrow.

Don't forget tho even disturbing a bat is breaking the law. If i worry about the tree and bats i get the local 'bat man' in to write a report then its all his fault if i find one. Although im sure id still get fined somehow with these government budget short falls.