Anyone useing these?

swinny

https://www.gustharts.com/Products/Arborist%20Equipment/Arborist%20Lowering%20%26%20Rigging%20Equipment/Sling%20Ropes%20%26%20Webbing/Whoopie%20Slings/Product/Marlow%20Dyneema%20Extreme%20Whoopie%20Sling/

was told about them a while ago and used one and thought theyre very good!

Just wondering if anyone out there uses them? as wanting to get a riggin kit setup so was going to use one for the friction device and one for the pulley above

Before adding Dyneema into your rigging systems it is worth watching this video and reading a thread from Treebuzz to understand the properties of Dyneema.

TreeBuzz Board: Dyneema and Nylon Drop Test

Video: Dyneema® and Nylon Drop Tests - DMM Climbing - Climb now, work later

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDIo-WZkSaM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Yale Cordage Ultrex vs. XTC Rope Static and Dynamic Test Demonstration[/ame]

Liked the end of the video

1 thing i often find is equipment been used in rigging that the operative has little understanding of

is this the operatives fault or the manufacturer.

Personally I think the Manufacturers could do a lot more as could the importers in making web sites and actually a product info and advice sheet.

Or even just a limitations sheet.

Liked the end of the video

1 thing i often find is equipment been used in rigging that the operative has little understanding of

is this the operatives fault or the manufacturer.

Personally I think the Manufacturers could do a lot more as could the importers in making web sites and actually a product info and advice sheet.

Or even just a limitations sheet.

Petzl always push this with their pull-outs and catalogues.

When I bought my GRCS it came with no literature at all. So it was over to the forums for learning and to the work site for gradual trial and error.

I think that we should rig with multiple kits and each section has a dedicated role.

But of course we could debate what goes where for a good while....although there is no disputing that drop test. Thanks for posting it.

That end video, he actually gets back up then fells the top straight onto the house porch, if I rememember rightly.

Going way too big he was.

So Dyneema type ropes better for lifting rather than dropping loads onto?

Edited by High Scale