David Humphries

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure they have a SOLA for it.

As I understand it off-label can only apply to a pesticide with approval but used in a different way. I'm not sure fairy liquid has any existing approval as an insecticide or other pesticide.

A boss of mine once advised using fairy liquid to rid a spruce of Adelges cooeyi - don't know if it worked for the tree owner?

Not native Tony.

Been here since 2006.

Came over on Oak stock from a Dutch Nursery.

Natural predation in it's own range is by birds, beetles, small mammals, and parasites

The British predators will no doubt whack in to the mortality rate at some point in the future,

but no one's guessing when that's likely to be yet.

Not native Tony.

Been here since 2006.

Came over on Oak stock from a Dutch Nursery.

Natural predation in it's own range is by birds, beetles, small mammals, and parasites

The British predators will no doubt whack in to the mortality rate at some point in the future,

but no one's guessing when that's likely to be yet.

my holistic method wood be to install more bird boxes, for blue tits especialy, some thousands of bat boxes and to ban the sale and breeding of the domestic cat within the u.k!

Heard Tony Kirkham from Kew talk about OPM (and show us the scars!). He had great pictures of the problem in Belgium of the public health issues got so great, the army were called in with their flame throwers to burn them out of trees. There is a man who has a machine that is straight from ghostbusters, that you put the nest in it and it zaps it.

It is from Spain and Portugal (I recall ?), over there apparently they just shut the forests, when they are out and about.

He told us that at Kew there were allowed to use a broad spectrum insecticide as the downside of killing everything was outweighed by the public health issues, apparently they vacuumed Kew Road with asbestos hoovers to collect the hairs!!