Artic loads of firewood available

Richie G

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont know how you Yorkshire lads make any money in the log game, what with cord being £45+vat per tonne roadside, plus haulage at lets say £10 per tonne+vat, and lets say you get 25 tonne on an artic that works out at £64 per tonne....Wow.

I know of guys that sell cheaper firewood timber round here to be honest, but comes down to the product, if thats right then it sells.

What you paying down your way.

Just paid £30+vat per tonne roadside for a mix of oak, silver birch and ash.

We have just paid £700 plus VAT for an 18 tonner load (not 18 tonnes in weight as its already dry but the wagon was full to the brim) of softwood inc del.

So about £38/tonne.

Looking at about 30m3 but wont know till we finish doing it.

I really dont know how you Yorkshire lads make any money in the log game, what with cord being £45+vat per tonne roadside, plus haulage at lets say £10 per tonne+vat, and lets say you get 25 tonne on an artic that works out at £64 per tonne....Wow.

Ahh so you see. The difference in the north and south of england. I think the north must generally be more hardup on money and resource. That and the people on the rolling countryside of middle and south england are loaded so not as fussy. Suffolk seems the place to be, eh?

Ahh so you see. The difference in the north and south of england. I think the north must generally be more hardup on money and resource. That and the people on the rolling countryside of middle and south england are loaded so not as fussy. Suffolk seems the place to be, eh?

I dont really know what you are trying to say zeroluke, i originate in the north west of the country, dont kid your self that everyone south of Watford gap is loaded, i know lots of lads back home (tradesmen) that earn similar sorts of money as lads down here in Suffolk and dont have any where near the amount of out goings, ie house prices are double in some parts of east anglia than they are in some parts of the north west, so if lets say a joiner in Suffolk is charging £160 a day (i know this is the price i've got one coming to fit a new door for me tommorow)and my mate is charging £150 a day in the north west, my mate in the north west will have more dispossible income at the end of each week. ps and another thing to remember is everyone south of watford gap is'nt a cockney:lol: