Sirius ringloop?

Ross Beaumont

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no need to sound big headed, but most of us would have got up there cut it down and gone home by the time he fannys around with that piece of crap, why doesnt he just climb a little higher and use the branch? :S

The video is a demonstration of the techniques available when there is no branch there. Is there another way to adjust the length of the pull down part that quickly when using a running bowline? I think they are just more useful tools for the toolbox.:thumbup1:

surprised at the negativity against a very informative and time consuming video:thumbdown:

Might not be everyones cup of tea but thought provoking and shows lots of possibilities.

people are usually negative about stuff they dont really understand, or are to blinkered to recognise advancements and new within the industry

Thank you for the comments (both for and against) on my video. The intent of the vid was to highlight just a few of the many options for the multiSLING and ringLOOP. Certainly not trying to preach this setup as Gospel. Just showing what simple bits of kit are capable of. Others have said, "another technique for the tool box", and I'm glad to have it there when I feel it's the best option. As a production arborist and contract climber, I would not keep many clients if I spent my time fannying about with gear on every job! However, videoing these setups in realtime as much as possible actually shows how quickly (or not, depending upon your outlook) they can be installed. Editing out the parts where knots have to be tied and such would not be a true representation of the process.

Cheers!

can't believe all the negativity either. Taylor is just simply showing what the sirius ringloop can be used for i know alot of climbers would just spike and flipline but the ringloop used in conjunction with the sirius multisling can prove to be a life saver. i know its one method of pole dismantling i will try once i get the ring loop. if you have a climber injured on a pole with just rope and flipline he would be just dead weight, on the other hand if you use the technique that Tylor has just demonstrated in the video the climber would be 10x more easy to rescue. but at the end of the day its all preference.:thumbup:

Thank you for the comments (both for and against) on my video. The intent of the vid was to highlight just a few of the many options for the multiSLING and ringLOOP. Certainly not trying to preach this setup as Gospel. Just showing what simple bits of kit are capable of. Others have said, "another technique for the tool box", and I'm glad to have it there when I feel it's the best option. As a production arborist and contract climber, I would not keep many clients if I spent my time fannying about with gear on every job! However, videoing these setups in realtime as much as possible actually shows how quickly (or not, depending upon your outlook) they can be installed. Editing out the parts where knots have to be tied and such would not be a true representation of the process.

Cheers!

I for one thoroughly enjoy your videos. Look forward to the next installment. Keep up the good work my man.

I've found the ring loopsto be great once you get a bit of time to start playing with diff configurations. I'll post some pics once I get back from working away. Nothing that cantbe done without them but they make the wholesetup a lot neater and tidier. It's this sort of gear that advances the arb industry and proves that we work very safely at height.

I've found the ring loopsto be great once you get a bit of time to start playing with diff configurations. I'll post some pics once I get back from working away. Nothing that cantbe done without them but they make the wholesetup a lot neater and tidier. It's this sort of gear that advances the arb industry and proves that we work very safely at height.

That will be good drew,I just got one last week :001_smile:

I agree with Drew, I think that the ringloop and multi sling are great pieces of kit and come in handy in a lot of different scenario's I spliced myself some and use them when ever I can.

Also Taylors vid's are great! Keep em coming!:thumbup1: