Tools or Toys

Drella

Has anyone purchased the ART Cocoon or Petzl Swivels?

I'm wondering at what application can either of these be utilized daily to justify buying them.

Can the swivel be used for climbing systems or is it just useless fodder///

Same with the cocoon, I can't figure for the life of me how this can be used.....

So if anyone has either, let me know how you've used them and if they're a worthy investment....

i find the Petzl swivel (large) a useful bit of kit, ........ as for the cocoon..............i await someones reply as i have offen wondered about this bit of kit.
have seen the cocoon in action and its the db's but needs to be seen to understand fully plus its a tough 1 to retrieve properly but a cheaper alternative to other art's for sure

cocoon- use mine as a floating anchor point from footlocking access, used as ropeguide (made a semi soft eye by splicing an eye with type of bungee cord inserted instead of the core), attached to spliced eye of rope and set in tree so climber can be lowered down to ground by the groundie. (climbers line through the cocoon), and its nice and shiny and thats the most important thing.

I had the swivel on my harness and it seemed to twist the rope more for me but some of my friends love climbing on theres. a cocoon with a swivel built into it would be a winner imo

Love the name of this thread, because our tools are our toys, and our toys are our tools. Tried the swivel but found i twisted more, didnt like it anyway. Just make sure if your bored one day you dont set up a single rope anchor and put your harness on backwards with a swivel and get people to spin you round because the centrifugal forces will send the blood rushing to either end of your body away from your heart and you will be in hospital. FACT

What do they do at the horsepistol? Spin you in the opposite direction?

:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

The swivel is useful if you use redirects frequently because it automatically aligns to the pressures and allows you to spin underneath to position yourself.

Dave