Firewood prices

Treemon

£130 a cube around here from a local guy........everyone thinks they're getting loads because it's the back of a trailer but the trailer when measured actually comes out at 1.08 of a cube:-)

Edited by Fahrenheit

i am confused with his cube stuff my truck is 8 by 6. 1 ft deep level full for 95 pounds is that about right

so, your 8x6x1 works out as follows;

8ft/2.44m

6ft/1.83m

1ft/0.31m

times them all together gives your trailer volume in cubic meters

2.44 x 1.83 x 0.31 = 1.38cbm

simples:thumbup1:

Enough! my prices are going up next year, have been as low as £45 for mixed wood and £65-70 for m3 of Oak and Ash. Really good info on here and i can't believe some of my customers have moaned at my prices lol. Can you tell me if you vary your prices drastically depending on type of wood?

Effort doesnt change for the wood/logs you prepare so in theory your prices shouldnt too. In practice a lot of my clients seem to want Hardwood, but i dont think they know the difference! So a certain amount of education is required.

I ask what they are using to burn the logs and if they have a wood burning/ multifuel stove then i suggest a mixture of hard woods and softwoods. Also if they are new to the 'open fire business' then softwoods may be easier for them to get a good roaring fire.

Some of my clients also want Ash as they have read its the best and want to burn the best and possibly impress their fiends!

Anyway to answer your question i currently charge £10 less for softwood. £85 for Hard, £75 for soft, + £10 delivery if over 5 miles from my yard. Prices will be going up by £10 next season to cover increased overheads.