PC or Mac?

Steve Bullman

right mate this is something i know a little about well ive been fixing and building the thing since win95 and working with them before win3.1. there is a general consensus that macs are the best at all things graphic ie desktop publishging, photo and video manipulation and 3d rendering and so on also they scored great marks on music creation. this was correct and if you was into any of these industries then you had a mac full stop there was no debate. but with the development of faster and cheaper hardware and the development of software to match the hardware this has not been such a clear cut answer. there are champions for both sides. my personal the pc beats the mac on all accounts. a pc is faster buck for buck. if thing gos wrong with it theres more advice to be found because there are more of them. trust me if you have a problem google it and you will find the answer as 4 million other people have had the same problem. the software is more diverse, not all software is compatable with macs. hardware upgrades are cheaper like for like and due to new and ever increasingly proccessing power the macs and the public can never keep up with the changing hardware.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know an awful lot about computers but have had a mac for 3 years now and never had a problem with it.

Can be a bit frustrating now and then with compatibility issues for bits of hardware and the odd website but overall I love it. Hoping to get a Macbook soon as well.

hi steve , i have just changed my office over to mac we run 3 desktops , a mac book , mac mini as a server and i phones with push e mail , calenders ect. my consultant runs auto cad and windows parrell all with no problems . very pleased with all things mac, if you are unsure go to an apple shop they will go through everything with you . they gave us one to one sessions which you can buy for about 60 quid , this gives you an hours one to one tuition a week for a year taking you through everything not bad thats £1.15 a time ! all in all we find them much more reliable

Finally changed to a Macbook pro a couple of months ago. It was that or a Vista machine. apart from a few necessary changes of habit the changeover's been pretty effortless and it's certainly a more intuitive system.

Excel for Mac 08 sucks, the sooner I sort out my mass of live legacy files and dump it the happier I'll be.