Fair Fuel campaign

tommer9

The problem is Fuel only draws cash in from a certain few, ok, A large proportion but its companies like ours that get hit the hardest! If the money is needed to sort the whole country out shouldn't the whole country be paying. I don't expect fuel to be cheap but the rate that it is going up, and with the economic climate as it is we cant just pass the cost on the the client, or we would simply have no work!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I agree that all we use (Police, NHS, Schools, Armed Forces etc) has to be paid for - but why do we give to those we don't benefit from.

Why should we support asylum seekers?

Why should we pay out to the banks?

Why should we support so many people on benefits when a big chunk of them cannot be bothered to support themselves?

Why should prisoners get a pension?

Why should we allow crime to pay?

Why? Why? Why?

Unfortunately, we also tend to ignore the real value for oil. You think a litre of petrol is expensive? Then try this; fill your car/van/truck with one litre of fuel and drive it until it runs out. Then see how much you have to pay someone to push it back - that is the 'real value' of one litre of fuel.

This is worth a watch (as is the whole course if you have time)

Well said, henchard! The world needs the cost of oil to go up now to create pressure to ensure that we start to research alternative technologies like there's no tomorrow. Otherwise you'll be paying £100 a gallon for oil in ten year's time. Sorry if that's not a popular thing to say.

And just to correct something said by John Burgess earlier, "The interest on the money we [borrowed] over the last few years is staggering; well over £100 million a year... ", the actual amount the country pays in interest is over £119 million each and every day. See this site for more interesting details.

Well said, henchard! The world needs the cost of oil to go up now to create pressure to ensure that we start to research alternative technologies like there's no tomorrow. Otherwise you'll be paying £100 a gallon for oil in ten year's time. Sorry if that's not a popular thing to say.

And just to correct something said by John Burgess earlier, "The interest on the money we [borrowed] over the last few years is staggering; well over £100 million a year... ", the actual amount the country pays in interest is over £119 million each and every day. See this site for more interesting details.

thank you for correcting me and £119 million is a staggering amount of interest it might you wonder how long it will take is to pay the debt back especially when you consider is only in the last 10 years we repaid the debt from the Second World War

I dont mind fuel going up a few quid a gallon over the last few years but what I cant understand is how a pair of Stihl Hiflex can double in price in just under 2 years, or how Husky low smoke 2 stroke can triple in price since I last bought a box :confused1: I saved £820 quid buy not buying the clutch for my Husky stump grinder from Husquvarna and sourcing it direct from a uk Noram agent. The bearings for my vermeer 252 where going to cost £140 each from B trac, I went to Bsl in Portsmouth and they could do me the exact same bearing for £7, thats a 2000% mark up:thumbdown:. Im just glad that I dont have to buy my fuel from the companys that sell the plant and machinery or I would be in the shite :lol:

Whilst I agree that all we use (Police, NHS, Schools, Armed Forces etc) has to be paid for - but why do we give to those we don't benefit from.

Why should we support asylum seekers?

Why should we pay out to the banks?

Why should we support so many people on benefits when a big chunk of them cannot be bothered to support themselves?

Why should prisoners get a pension?

Why should we allow crime to pay?

Why? Why? Why?

Well said, in fact f*****g well said, trouble is, 99% of the population agree with you, the rest are either on benefits or run this country.

Well said, in fact f*****g well said, trouble is, 99% of the population agree with you, the rest are either on benefits or run this country.

here here !

there is enoug rubbish and other muck to move pick up etc ! there are roads to be sweeped canals to be cleared squats to be emptied and cleaned up ! hospitals and town council lands and other amenity lands !

all need cleaning tyding etc ! all on benifit who are fit to work but not working should only get there benifits when they have done say 25 hours a week of meanial work then maybe they would look faster for a proper job etc !

Why should they be made to work to qualify for their benefits? They should volunteer!

Why are they called benefits? I don't benefit from them!

Why do we pay to keep criminals in prison when their families and extended families who are responsible for their upbringing and moral standards should be footing the bill, if they cannot then hard labour it is!

Why do we value the valueless (inc football stars and their wags, soap stars and the other rich and fatuous) and underpay the invaluable (Teachers, Police, Medical Staff, Armed Forces etc)

Why do we import food when we can grow are own?

Why? Why? Why?............................

Tax Booze and Fags !!! Sorry but with all the inherent risks involved in smoking anyone under 35 who smoke should know better and should pay for any treatment they need from smoking related illness etc ! Fags should be £12 - £20 a pack !

smokers already "pay" for their treatment via the extortionate amounts of tax placed on fags. if you want them to pay for their own treatment remove the tax from every packet of 20.

I agree smoking is a luxury in this day and age and it is preferable to tax fags rather than fuel which is an essential.

getting back to tommers original post....

who thinks there will be another full on protest over fuel prices?

remember the last protest erupted when the price of petrol hit 80p / litre. Today i went past a petrol station selling at 140p / litre. how high does it have to go before people start full on protesting with go slows on the motorway etc etc.