Has anyone used a DMM Impact block?

Ian Flatters

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used 1 a little while ago on my rigging course, trust me they are the dogs bits!!!!!

trying to save my pocket money to buy 1, even trying to get a paper round to get there quicker:biggrin:

What could you achieve that you couldnt have done without it? If you have just done your rigging course then get 2 isc blocks for the same price to start with, more is better. You dont need to go straight out and get a DMM block. PLus you shouldn't need to save for it, when you get a job that requires this kind of kit you should be gettign paid enough to warrant it if that makes sense? i.e. any job that needs a £200+ rigging block must be worth well over 2k. any 1k tree dimantle can be done with smaller isc blocks imo, and once you have done 10 of those you can treat yourself to a DMM anyway.

The bit in the video I mean was about 2.10 looks like a speed line set up to me?

its smaller and lighter than the big yellow thing that i got that has also got my teeth marks in it from when i was trying to tie it into the top of the tree, lost my grip slightly and the bloody thing swung round and smashed my already false teeth.

yes the dmm is twice the price but my teeth cost me £740, i'll let you do the math.

its horses for courses at the end of the day, going on your arguement rupe, why do people buy a £300 harness when a £150 will do the same job, why use a hitch climber or any of the other shiney bits of kit that we all like and collect.

do mean to sound rude or anything but the question was has anyone used 1

its smaller and lighter than the big yellow thing that i got that has also got my teeth marks in it from when i was trying to tie it into the top of the tree, lost my grip slightly and the bloody thing swung round and smashed my already false teeth.

yes the dmm is twice the price but my teeth cost me £740, i'll let you do the math.

its horses for courses at the end of the day, going on your arguement rupe, why do people buy a £300 harness when a £150 will do the same job, why use a hitch climber or any of the other shiney bits of kit that we all like and collect.

Some good points there, have you tested the DMM to make sure it won't break your teeth or is that purely speculation?

Any volunteers to be whacked in the face with several different pulleys step forward now.

And my answer was yes I have used one so I am in a positon to discuss it.

Smaller and lighter is not that relevant once its attached.

How is the DMM different in that you dont need to use your teeth? I cant see where your coming from there so I dont think you can use the cost of your teeth as recomendation for the DMM. Ive never needed to use my teeth for holding a block in place, and I am also well aware of what front teeth cost. ( I lost mine jumping a 5 bar gate on my raleigh chopper in 1979, well failing to jump it!) If you mean the little loop on the DMM for tempory attachment then one could easily be added to an isc block for the same purpose.

I think with harness you choose whats best for you, and your using it everyday. Blocks a are used a lot less, so what I'm looking for is a distinct difference in purpose, to justify the extra costs. I'm not against spending, I have a GRCS and all manner of kit to go with, but I've not had to justify any costs. £220 ish for a block would take some justification IMO. And its only my opinion.