V.T.A symptoms "the chatty trees"

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Are you saying that the black material of pseudosclerotial plating and the black sheath of 'bootlaces are the same material? And can you recommend any particular text that covers the matter and aids identification of fungal species based on plating colour, shape etc? Worryingly often decay can be found in cavities with no fruiting bodies, no definitive colour or even type of decay but with plates present. If these could help with an ID of the fungi present it would be good to know.

I have a little book on specifically plating and zone lines in decays, plating not really useable in isolation, but as a piece of a puzzle, all clues reveal the culprits.

Buckling? I would say the tree is putting more wood on to counter torsional twisting forces and/or possible internal decay at the bulging part.

Just my guess- interested to see what others say?

M

American Express, that'll do nicely:thumbup1:

:confused: you been on the beer already Tony? :D

bar the decay part I was agreeing:biggrin: and no, dont really "get on the Cizer" much:lol:

:thumbup:

I have a little book on specifically plating and zone lines in decays, plating not really useable in isolation, but as a piece of a puzzle, all clues reveal the culprits.

Sorry, I amn't clear on whether that is a yes or no. And which little book, if you are prepared to disclose?

:thumbup:

Sorry, I amn't clear on whether that is a yes or no. And which little book, if you are prepared to disclose?

Yes there is work on plates, off the top of my head cant give you a reference or ISBN number, would have to look into the library.

No plating alone cant be used to tell much

I've learned to take shots of the features, the fungi and the tree as a whole in its context when shooting fungi, over the years it can give a great depth to the story. Thats a lovely internal cavity shot Matty:001_cool:

I popped down yesterday and got some more shots of the tree. Got some funny looks when i was getting pics of the tree from various angles. And just to get everyones juices flowing another internal cavity shot.

017.jpg.573399f4cdcab763ba0a38ca0821344b.jpg

020.jpg.423a77c12b8c06082122aba3802fa118.jpg

021.jpg.86b109759ba08ee6e60f194b1b8339db.jpg

016.jpg.d5ebf6d82638e21698674f87c1c42d4e.jpg

015.jpg.f4b6cdec88b1949fffd6dc4e80b1c344.jpg

014.jpg.0f465c644e69ccdd998a091c3235f9a5.jpg

013.jpg.88d5986ae33847da153832df7c802fca.jpg

012.jpg.fbd77a4793c11afb1ec09aa68a194503.jpg

011.jpg.a7a6512483d8b0269b54c1be08295937.jpg

I am interested anyway if you get the hance to dig out the reference.

just had a quick scan for it but my books are all stacked now (thy fill a small room!) and its been a while since I saw it. I do need to go through it all soo, when I see it I will think of you, ive an excellent recall for things like that.

but you did make me look and I found a book i forgot to finish!

Microbial Ecology; Organisms, Habitats and activities

sweet!:lol: