How do you guys feel about poaching?

Mr. Bish

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry Matt i was on the phone there, yes the last job i looked at in a tpo the council told the home owner they had to pay them £200 plus vat for an independant tree inspection, i made a call and got them 1 for half that by 1 of Scotlands top guys.

It was a rotten willow pollard growing at 45 degrees from a woodland entangled in phone lines, it wasnt as if it was a 300 year old oak!

don't really agree with that statement,,

many forums especially car based ones regularly name and shame dealersthat treat customers badly,,

it's no different from caling out dealers that offer particularly GOOD service, why should only the good ones get named,,,

just check the land rover forums to see what i mean,, there is no reason why saying a company / dealer offers poor service (as long as it's true) should cause any trouble to the site what so ever,,,it is a free country after all,,, sort of,,:001_smile:

the diference between positive and negative feedback is know one will want to sue you for saying they are great:laugh1:, Steve makes it clear there is no naming and shaming, its his site, his forum, his rules. Simples:001_smile:

:thumbup1:

what the other firm is doing is not illegal, my mom is a architect alot of builders will write to customers offering quotes contruction works related to the planning it is common practice and i dont think that there is anything wrong with it. Ive often thought about doing it myself just never got around to it id probly only target apps without contractors its a dog eat dog world lol

This is low. End of story.

I make it clear to the client that the cost of an application is included in the quote, and that as soon as they confirm that I have the job then I will submit an application. This works for me, i have never had anyone steal a job in this way, but then la's up here don't publish those details .

what the other firm is doing is not illegal, my mom is a architect alot of builders will write to customers offering quotes contruction works related to the planning it is common practice and i dont think that there is anything wrong with it. Ive often thought about doing it myself just never got around to it id probly only target apps without contractors its a dog eat dog world lol

:thumbup:

Agree and tbh if thats nothing compared to the crap we get from our rivals