How do you guys feel about poaching?

Mr. Bish

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you say hes a regular user on here then he has most probably read all the negative responses to his actions, and if hes got any morals he will stop doing it anyway

Having some suspicion of who the user is, I would say hes a smart operator and is using every trick in the book to grow his company, more fool you all for not being so enterprising.

what the other firm is doing is not illegal, my mom is a architect alot of builders will write to customers offering quotes contruction works related to the planning it is common practice and i dont think that there is anything wrong with it. Ive often thought about doing it myself just never got around to it id probly only target apps without contractors its a dog eat dog world lol

Its a smart move, there is nothing personal in business, its just BUSINESS, eat or be eaten.

it sucks, but business is no place for shrinking violets:001_rolleyes:

How do you guys feel about poaching?

find it makes a real mess of the pan,, prefer boiled myself :thumbup:

I use butter smeared around the poaching cups, the eggs slipp out a treat and clean easy too!:lol:

We have a guy down here that has been doing the same thing , the only difference is that he is a shocking tree surgeon , i tend to inform the customers that it they would like me to cary out the works and are happy with my quote then i will happily do the planning side of the job for no fee, this is all detailed in my written quotation and does clearly state that if they wish to accept my quotation they will also be agreeing that should i carry out the aplication and they decide to then use another tree surgeon they will be liable for the planning fees as laid out in my T's and C's, if they are happy with this then all they need to do is to sign both coppies of the quotation and post one coppy back to me before i will comence with the aplication .

We have a guy down here that has been doing the same thing , the only difference is that he is a shocking tree surgeon , i tend to inform the customers that it they would like me to cary out the works and are happy with my quote then i will happily do the planning side of the job for no fee, this is all detailed in my written quotation and does clearly state that if they wish to accept my quotation they will also be agreeing that should i carry out the aplication and they decide to then use another tree surgeon they will be liable for the planning fees as laid out in my T's and C's, if they are happy with this then all they need to do is to sign both coppies of the quotation and post one coppy back to me before i will comence with the aplication .

Boxing clever:001_cool:

Boxing clever:001_cool:

yeah pretty much simple busines ideas , often its all to easy to get all caught up in the tree side of running a company and forget/ take your finger off of the business side of things .

Now i will stop giving away my secrets before tommer catches on the little blighter :sneaky2::laugh1:

Now i will stop giving away my secrets before tommer catches on the little blighter :sneaky2::laugh1:

Ah- well im one step ahead of you there....you see all those mowers in my barn....well the chipper and tree gear is just a decoy, im actually a gardener anyway:001_tt2::lol:

Often when I see other Firms working in my area,I call round later on and enquire wether the Home owner is happy with the job.Normally the answer is yes,so I then produce my mobile Credit Card machine and ask if they would like to make immediate payment for a 10% discount.

There is less risk involved than actually Stealing Things and you get the money Straight away!