Taking bets on getting my back door kicked in

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fel I have quite a bit of past experience in burning very bright lights, and can honestly tell you that I think the whole idea that the cops use helicopters and infra-red to catch weed growers is total bull. If they are out with the 'copter anyway and see a hotspot in a roof, they MAY go and check, or report to superiors, but of the many I kniow who have been caught at it, NONE were caught in that manner...its almost exclusively loose tongue that do it for them. I would be very surprised if you ever got a visit.l

I fel I have quite a bit of past experience in burning very bright lights, and can honestly tell you that I think the whole idea that the cops use helicopters and infra-red to catch weed growers is total bull. If they are out with the 'copter anyway and see a hotspot in a roof, they MAY go and check, or report to superiors, but of the many I kniow who have been caught at it, NONE were caught in that manner...its almost exclusively loose tongue that do it for them. I would be very surprised if you ever got a visit.l

I know of somebody who's large cannibis farm got busted after it was picked up on a heat seaking camera from a police helicopter, but i think like you say, they wernt out to pick up hotspots, they just came across it whilst on another "job" so to speak.

The police regularly publish this idea, even broadcasting it in the papers a year or two ago, but when i lived in the midlands a grower i knew was busted, told by the police that he should let it be known how he was busted as w deterrent to any other would be growers, and later found out he had actually been grassed up.

Who knows what the reality is...the nature of the subject itself means it is shrouded in mystery and rumour.

I'll be using the new LED type lamps which are very low heat output, probably just enough heat to keep them at a stable temperature in winter, no more.

But the roof of the lorry back is translucent, so it will glow at night like blackpool illuminations.

It might be a good idea to black it out to avoid any passing interest

So over the next 12-18 months, are the lamps, which will be running for 18 hours a day, still going to be cheaper than just going and buying 60cm hedging now (and get an instant effect)?? Seems a lot of effort, especially if you end up as the entertainment for the local cops xmas party when they replay the vid of you bo!!ock naked at 5am trying to explain why you have 200 yew trees growing hydroponically.