Picus

Lee Winger

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a picus at my disposal - Pooh - very expensive and inacurate at times, imo save your money and buy a nylon hammer - much better :001_smile:

I keep a couple of nylon hammers in my survey kit and dashboard, and agree that it is a very useful tool. :thumbup1:

However, I am currently assessing what to supercede our Arborsonic and/or our Dmp with, hence the Picus demo.

Financing and logistics, are a conundrum for a later date. :confused1:

You could get everyone you know to sell a kidney to raise funds, if you can find about 100 kidneys you could pay the deposit anyway :ohmy:

Or we could just breed genetically engineered clones to then mass produce uncountable organs and reap the profits,

buying up a Windward Isle in the process and spending the days sipping tequillas and surfing Arbtalk,

whilst playing who can guess where the decay is on the Coconut Tree, with me nylon hammer...................:crazy:

So it sucks? Too bad, it looked interesting.

No it certainly does NOT suck MB. It does depend however on trained staff to interpret the tomogram correctly.

WE too use soft faced hammers as a second stage of diagnosis of extent of decay in a tree, but try explaining to a Judge ......... well I hit the tree here and it made a boing noise and here a thud and here a boom noise and see how he understands!!!!!! :confused1:

Whats wrong with the pickey's tomograph: just bore in with a chainsaw, the bar held vertically. If it dissappears very quickly and the sawdust is brown mush: its rotten.:001_tongue:

I do this sometimes when I am definately felling, it helps when thinking about hinge thicknesses etc.