Pedestrian stump grinders

hazzygawa

• 2 years later...

Hi all, can I have some advice please.

At the arb show in Gloucestershire last year I purchased a Predator F350/14,the build quality looked good and I,ve used various grinders over the past 20 yrs.

Within a couple of weeks the rubber stone protectors began to tear and come off, then the rubber engine mountings failed so belt tension couldn't be carried out! Thirdly the fold down stand kept falling down on its own impeding the grinding process.

Fourth, the throttle wouldn't stay open(checked the spring ...not that).

Finally this week the exhaust literally broke apart and fell off!

The machine has probably done an absolute maximum of 30 hrs.

Predator run a multi tip wheel on these ,are they too vicious

My questions are :

Has anyone else had issues like these with this model?

What would you do in my situation?

What should I expect when contacting predator?

At the arb show in Gloucestershire last year I purchased a Predator F350/14,the build quality looked good and I,ve used various grinders over the past 20 yrs.

Within a couple of weeks the rubber stone protectors began to tear and come off, then the rubber engine mountings failed so belt tension couldn't be carried out! Thirdly the fold down stand kept falling down on its own impeding the grinding process.

My questions are :

It sounds like you are not having much joy with this machine, Firstly you have to give the dealer chance to put the problems right under the warranty (if you have not already done so), any dealer worth his salt will want to sort the issues and get the machine working correctly and regain the trust of the customer,

I cannot comment on issues with this model as I have only operated and sold the older Predator machines!

Any machine is only as good as the back up by the dealer.

good luck with getting the issues sorted:thumbup1:

My questions are :

All of the above apart from the throttle cable issue.

1. The exhaust was due to the mounting nuts loosening - operator error/ lousy maintenance.

2. The engine mounts were a little flimsy- swopped them out for a heavier duty radiator mount from a car spares shop.

3. The stand was just utter garbage, too flimsy by far. Runs well without it.

4. The stone protectors wear out, we replaced with heavier duty material.

Most issues seem to be due to keeping weight minimal on an otherwise good little machine. Lots of vibration due to use, so keep on top of the nuts and bolts coming loose. The exhaust was expensive, annoying as unnecessary due to the tool using the tool.

Thanks Guys,

interesting to note similar problems.

At least it has given me some points to take to the dealer.

Sir, I think you jinxed us. I got told yesterday that the throttle was faulty on ours too:thumbdown:

After dismantling the carb, I found the plastic rod supporting the choke butterfly valve had snapped, hence the butterfly plate was blocking the air inlet. (That big boy broke it and ran away)

The throttle not staying at full revs is simply due, on ours, to the lever on the handle being bent/twisted slightly and not engaging in the retaining slot properly.

Your dealer may sort sort your problems, but unless some of the parts, like the engine mounts, are upgraded I think they are simply going to re-occur.

Was the heat shield loose on the exhaust? It actually forms part of the exhaust mounting system, reducing leverage on the manifold.

Sorry to the OP for the de-rail