Climber available in Cornwall!

Mr0zero0

Im an experienced climber, mainly utility work throughout Devon and Cornwall but done all sorts within the industry over the years. Im looking for either full time or part-time work in Cornwall (not utility! unless the offer is amazing). Have everything i need to start straight away.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you PM me your number, I may be in a position to give you the odd day or so here and there, or could possibly put you in touch with others who may need a climber on an ad-hoc asis. I am away working at the moment, but I will get back to you over the weekend for a chat if that suits?

Thanks for your reply tommer. I have sent my number. Call any time.

Is it reasonable to say that it is possible to work for different company's/people as an individual on a self employed basis if i had insurance etc?

I mean to fill in for sick days, extra hand for big jobs or even to be available on call. Do company's have a demand for this? and dose anyone do anything similar and make a living out of it. I suppose you would call it being freelance.

I ask because i have always been employed but am now in a position to look at other options. Im probably a little naive to the world of business but do know you cant climb alone which complicates going self-employed, hence my question.

Thanks Steve. So being freelance do you just offer your services to other businesses opposed to taking on your own work? Do you need your own insurance to do this or are you covered by who you work for?

Sorry if this is common knowledge, everyone has to learn somewhere!

Thanks Steve. So being freelance do you just offer your services to other businesses opposed to taking on your own work? Do you need your own insurance to do this or are you covered by who you work for?

Sorry if this is common knowledge, everyone has to learn somewhere!

i mostly work for other businesses...although i dont like turning work away so if any word of mouth stuff comes my way i'll take it at the right money.

yes you'll want your own insurance. its a bit of a grey area, but you are more than likely going to do your own work here and there, and for what it costs you may as well just get it. besides, it all goes on your day rate anyhow so its neither her nor there