Climber available in Cornwall!

Mr0zero0

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ben. I havnt lived in Cornwall long so am not very well known yet. Good to know theres guys out there ready and willing though. I have needed occasional help for small jobs in the past so if anything comes along i will let you know.

If your stuck for work and can drive why not ask one of the larger company's. They often take on people with basic tickets and then train them up. If you already got 39 then even better. Probably power line work mind you but its regular and never ending.

I'd really appreciate that. :thumbup:

Went around the usual suspects, Hiline, Silvanus back in September and nadda. Had a bit of work of a smaller outfit before christmas which was great but dried up now, although Silvanus have been back to me asking me to send in an application again so fingers crossed. i think its going to be the Western Power contract but if it means staying in Kernow and having a job then YES PLEASE!

got a 3 day trial for a big company up in Croydon starting on Monday, would be a great oppurtunity but its quite a distance from this beautiful place.

or, dare i go self employed/self taught...:blushing:

Probably pay better up there! I'm surprised you got nothing from Hi-line. They got a lot of work on in Cornwall. Mabe it depends on who you ask. Silvanus are looking to do more domestic work in cornwall. Not a bad company to work for but don't pay as much as Hi-line. They are part of glendale which dose have its benefits but means set wages for everyone.

I did a months trial when i started!! Just dont break anything or anyone!

Actually (and i think CTS will prob correct me if im wrong, he doe s a lot of powerline stuff) Hi-line arent really that visible down here, more devon. Silvanus seem to have moset of cornwall covered. There were others such as AA arborists but you dont see them anymore, but the tenders are out again soon i think and Hi line want to do bigger stuff/ dismantles, as opposed to just man in a basket clearance, and I heard that Western tree surgeons and sivanus are rethinkkgn what they do too. Its a bit up in the air at the mo from what i can tell, but the fact that sivanus have got to you for a CV means they might be going to continue with it as it were.

Ive done lots of h.v and l.v work for Hi-line in Cornwall. They don't have as many circuits as silvanus down here but enough to keep 4 or 5 teams going, mabe more now. They got that contravertial contract for the 33kv lines for the south west. I was involved in that down here and elsewhere. Dont know if it is stilll going on or all finished by now. Most of the big trees within falling distance of the lines have been removed completely. I would have liked to have seen the lines moved in cases as some lovely old trees came down.

I have worked with hi-lines private teams. They are based in their exeter yard and have done jobs in cornwall and have got plenty of kit to play with!

I think Silvanus will always go for the tenders in cornwall. Most of there tree work is utility. They used to have many teams in devon, more then cornwall. now its almost the other way round! I know they want more private work in cornwall because they asked me to help make it happen.

Most of Silvanus's work is actually landscaping and maintenance compared to hi-line who do purely tree work.

I know about these company because they are the only company's i have worked for in both their devon and cornwall yards. While i was with Hi-line they pretty much doubled in size. I think they would take on all the work if they could get it!