Trial days

paddygreenways@hotmail.co

I think its reasonable to do a trial day as there are too many clowns in this game. although i think if you were offered the job it would have been nice to pay you for it. don't know the legality of not paying you though.

Was it not nice enough that someone has taken the time to give someone a days trial and then offered them a full time job?:confused1:

I hope the Evil unscrupulous contractor is reading this right now, he may tighten up his decision making, and then the good guys will find it even harder to find a job.

As employers we owe NOTHING to no one, we are not entitled to hand out jobs to anyone, i have been stung more times than an apprentice bee keeper by ungratefull employees and i am sure i am not alone.:thumbdown:

I can just imagine someones wee face when they are asked to work in the rain and heaven help them when they get a nasty skelf:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one had experience of being asked to work a trial day and not being paid for it. i was offered the job ,any ideas on legality and how this unscrupulus contractor can be stopped?:confused1:

Just to sum up (and that this isn't a wind up) take the job and count your very many blessings.

Someone has taken the time to try you out. It's a right pain trying new people so just balance that with your trial day.

I'd work a day's trial, on the basis that should I be deemed worthy of being offered a postion and have helped the employer earn a few quid that day, I would then be paid for it. If the employer thinks I am no good he doesn't have to pay a thing. To be honest, I wouldn't want to work for someone who wouldn't agree to that.

There are plenty of employers out there who take the proverbial if you accept it. Luckily I've only worked for one employer like this. Someone who wouldn't pay you upon acceptance of your value as an employee is likely down the road to mess you around with wages IMO.

i agree with everyone getting a trial is your chance to show how good you are and for 1 day unpaid work for a full time job for continued work costs nothing but a but of your time

my gf had a trial at a farm shop and got the job and was never paid for the trial day. what was wrong though was the farm shop owner continuing to trial people to get free labour and never intending to take anyone on.

To be honest i think a trial day is a good thing for everyone, i think this should be pushed more by employers. The potential employer can see if he has a good future employee and the potential employee can see if he's going to have a good boss.

As for working for free, i think this is good idea, the guy can see your keen. there are so many people out there looking for work employer's can pick and choose who they want not the other way around. you should count yourself lucky you even had a trial day, he could of just said no when you called him.

you got the job so why have you got a problem? do you feel hard done by because you lost a days pay? sorry if this is abit harsh but try and see it from an employers point of view. regards western.

If you get a job out of it what is the problem

Most people who wanted to work would jump at an opportunity to be able to show what they can do.

And if you did get a full time job from this you should be thankful, and not trying to cause trouble