neighbours tallish conifer needs attention

likeitorlumpit

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyway I can kill it without making it obvious it has been sprayed or otherwise...

...Any thoughts would be welcome

I have three thoughts;

a) You have badly misjudged the response of the membership of the site.

b) This site doesn't need members with your approach to conflict resolution.

c) If you do this, I hope you get caught and taken to the cleaners.

And your approach to conflict resolution is to openly slate a member for asking a question on an open forum. Fantastic

At least I just consider these things. Am I really in a minority. The only time we have killed a tree on purpose is the poplar issue as I've found that if you just fell them then they sucker for yards around.

get some good bleach, put it in a ice cube tray thing you use in the summer, stick them in the freezer for a few days, go out there with them 1 morning nice and early and throw them under the tree, when the sun comes up they melt and now you have bleech soaking down to the roots, it might not work on a tree but when you got a neighbour who anoys the crap out of you its a brilliant way of making there grass look patch, but obviously the best way around is a good chat!

Edited by HGBMX

How old is your House? subsidence rarely occurs on new houses with good modern foundations.

I'm afraid though, even if it is causing damage you can't actually make her remove the tree until the damage is caused however you can claim compensation back when it does. Send her a dated letter politely identifying your concerns and give her some choices either to remove or be surveyed by an arboriculturist to put your mind at ease. It would also greatly help if you offered to pay or at least contribute to the cost.

this sounds a bit more like it ! do like the sound of the root guard on your property though all those roots that are on your property you can cut off (with a copper chain) and as long as you give them to her back to her (you are entiltled to) you dont want to brake the law do you!! she may even ask you if you know a decent tree surgen!:laugh1::001_tt2:

get some good bleach, put it in a ice cube tray thing you use in the summer, stick them in the freezer for a few days, go out there with them 1 morning nice and early and throw them under the tree, when the sun comes up they melt and now you have bleech soaking down to the roots, it might not work on a tree but when you got a neighbour who anoys the crap out of you its a brilliant way of making there grass look patch, but obviously the best way around is a good chat!

watch it saying you do that sort of stuff on here

the forum police will do hissy fits- they're whiter than white:001_tt2:

watch it saying you do that sort of stuff on here

the forum police will do hissy fits- they're whiter than white:001_tt2:

If you dont like it you can leave. You asked advice on a subject which to most of us here is at best morally unethical(hopefully), and at worst illegal. im not sure exactly what sort of response you thought you'd get, nor why you are on the defensive and resorting to comments like these after you've been pulled up on the matter.

thanks

this sounds a bit more like it ! do like the sound of the root guard on your property though all those roots that are on your property you can cut off (with a copper chain) and as long as you give them to her back to her (you are entiltled to) you dont want to brake the law do you!! she may even ask you if you know a decent tree surgen!:laugh1::001_tt2:

Copper has come up quite a few times now- is it that poisonous to trees-

If so would a solution of copper sulphate(frozen in ice cubes) be enough to kill a tree?

Obviously I'm not going to do it but out of interest does anyone know if that would work- Knowledge is power and all that.