Can you call yourself a landscape architect if you're not a MLI?

j_s

Here we go.

Landscape architect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seems slightly different to the formal or more well known architect associated with building construction.

I dont particularly like people who purposely deceive others to 'get in there' either by blagging who they are or what they do.

I dont loose any sleep over it mind,:thumbup:

I overheard someone the other day saying he was a landscape architect (not down the pub, but to 2 HSE officers) even though there is no way he's a chartered landscape architect, he didn't even know what MLI meant (Member of the Landscape Institute). How do people get away with talking such bull? He's just landed himself a job as a landscape manager as well.

Hi j_s. If hes got a degree in landscape architecture, he can call himself a landscape architect without being MLI. That just enables him to put chartered in front.

By the sound of it methinks you know he hasnt any formal qualification in landscape architecture?

If thats the case he is a blagger and should be shot or deported :thumbdown:

My son is a Landscape Architect, by the qualifications he has, but he is not a Chartered landscape architect, nor is he MLI. Not that he boasts about it anyway, its only a job title after all. Personally I dont even know the difference between designer level and architect.

I decided how I wanted my patio/lawn/borders to look and even did some sketches of it. Could I call myself a landscape architect?

Surely I would have as much right as someone with a Spear and Jackson saw and a set of ladders has to call themselves a tree surgeon?

Ignore me, I'm still bitter about the MILF thing.

Really? TBH, I have only the flimsiest knowledge of the landscaping world and the qualification heirachy is an unknown to me.

Same here, and I'm chartered landscape architect. Arboriculture is a lot more interesting, but the qualification hierarchy is even more confusing.