Repainting?

RobRainford

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a bit of a go. I've engraved my postcode into the metal of the saw which is the main body of it. So now it's got one on it. Insurance wants serial numbers for their policies which I'm sorting out.

Heres the cover off the 200t. Doesn't help itts already got a couple of marks from use but it still looks good methinks. it's had another coat of paint since that. Will have a coat of petrol resistant lacquer once it's all dry!

d57bc3b3-39e2-dd75.jpg

Rather than engraving the postal code (which does not identify you to anyone but the law), I suggest engraving your domain name/website. That way anyone can locate you simply.

Obviously it is better with a short domain (like mine - a total of 7 letters). Engraving robrainfordarboristservices.co.uk is possibly not a good idea.

If you don't currently own a website, go ahead and register the domain name, if nothing else, just as an alias for you. A domain name can be used to locate you (the registrar) easily. And the best thing... it's free (UK only) if you use this offer Getting British Business Online

in my old shed not only had padlocks on the door, but had a big old chain bolted to the floor and then put it through the handles of all my saws with another padlock on it, the way i see it if they broke in they would want to be out of there pretty sharp ish and that would slow them right down

and that wont kill the re-sale value? :confused1:

I was thinking a neat engraving with a dremmel rather than an angle grinder:thumbup:

Most paint can be removed with paint stripper so painting isn't really a good option - like your idea of chaining them together - attaching a rottweiler to the other end would be a good solution!:laugh1:

Spud

It's a good idea but I think the trouble is most of nicked gear now goes out of the country to Eastern Europe...

:sneaky2:

Looks like id be going on an impromptu holiday!

Resale value isn't an issue. I plan to keep the saws till they are only good for parts anyway so what would a little cosmetics change?

Shiny shiny!

522a2c6d-a3e3-1125.jpg

• 2 weeks later...