January 2011 prices across the country please ?

Isaac

You're right Robbo it is hard graft ! You're charging about £100 m3 which to my mind, given costs and labour involved is about right for well seasoned Oak ? Unfortunately Joe blogs would still prefer on the whole a Cab star load (1.7m3), or similar of mixed (mostly conifer) virtually green at about 40%mc thinking it's a better deal for £120 quid, especially when the seller says the butt's 3 meters long so it must be 3 meters cubed of logs ! When will the penny drop ? People say it burns lovely on a bed of coal !? Just ranting now... too much Rum !

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£60 mtr3 of softwood, seasoned for 2 years

£75 mtr3 of hardwood, seasoned for 1 year

i'm at the more expensive end of the scale around here

plenty of people doing builders bags for £30

i'm happy with the ammount we're selling but stocks are getting high so may have to drop prices to compete next winter.

on the subject of fossil fuel pices, how long will it be before the government starts a watchdog for oil prices.

bought 500 lts begining of Nov at 42p per ltr

went to buy some between christmas and new year 73p !!!!!!!!

a bit of argueing got it down to 68p but still a joke !!!!!!

£60 mtr3 of softwood, seasoned for 2 years

£75 mtr3 of hardwood, seasoned for 1 year

i'm at the more expensive end of the scale around here

plenty of people doing builders bags for £30

i'm happy with the ammount we're selling but stocks are getting high so may have to drop prices to compete next winter.

on the subject of fossil fuel pices, how long will it be before the government starts a watchdog for oil prices.

bought 500 lts begining of Nov at 42p per ltr

went to buy some between christmas and new year 73p !!!!!!!!

a bit of argueing got it down to 68p but still a joke !!!!!!

down here in the west, I had a neighbour pay £1.33 for a ltr................:confused1:

Bags (900x900x900) £60 hardwood delivered locally. Mainly ash, sycamore, cherry, beech etc. Very well seasoned (below 20%). Works out £80 cu m.

Price has been same for the last 2 years so will be going up next winter.

May sound like a big rise but was thinking of £75 per bag = £100 cu m. Where it should be IMO to be a comparative price to 18 months ago. There will be complaints I dare say but hey ho.

1.33 a litre ! That's bonkers !

Thanks DN, Phatty, 18 stoner, Sandbach, Kev and Daren and others. Really useful feedback indeed and good to see some of you selling seasoned logs for decent prices.

I think that firewood has for years been just a by product of Tree surgery sold primarily for a cosmetic fire to look cosy in otherwise centrally heated houses through the winter months. The heat not too important and a hissing log added to the ambiance, regardless of the fact it's probably 40% water ?

But I'm sure as logs begin to be used more and more as primary heating so people will become far more discerning, arm themselves with moisture meters and appreciate the work involved from felling to delivery of a well presented load of properly seasoned hardwood and be happy to pay £100 m3 for it.