time/energy saving tips

Le Sanglier

I was ringing an oak down today, whilst changing from a 200t to an 66 I used a little trick I slipped in to when the arms got a little tired, when pulling up the heavy saw I lay the rope over the top of the trunk to take the weight from time to time. (47 now and need all the help I can get)

This set me thinking there must be loads of little dodges that help you lot get through the day that you might want to share.

leaving the saw in the first cut of next block, whilst throwing the one thats ready to go when chogging down, to avoid letting it hang pulling it up etc. Chuching stuff so it lands butt towards the truck/gate so the groundy doesn't need to turn it around. sending the top out BIG!:001_tt2:

All good stuff thank you, the vice idea is one I will definitely use.

Billy, what do you mean by churching? I often lower branches on the end of my climbing line then hold it, butt in the air(no jokes!) allowing the groundie with a hook to ease the cut end down towards the chipper.

Take up a tape sling, krab and mini pulley, girth hitch the sling then make a loop with the end of your climbing line stick it through the pulley, lower line back down so your groundy can clip the saw into the loop and pull the saw up to you. Works for me!

Not tree related but I know a lot of you boyos do fencing on the side. Weld a 4 foot tube, maybe 3-4 inches diameter, to a flat foot, with a lip, kind of like this shape:

_I_/

At the top of the "/" piece, weld a handle.

When you are laying out rolls of wire fencing, put the roll over the "I" and fasten the roll to the first post, then drag the roll as far as you want with minimal effort.

Hope that makes sense.