AA Tech Cert Past Papers

morningwood

Ben its too late for you mate, the Tech Cert as it it is in its last year of being taught. It will me in a new format for next year with little on no external exams. As far as im aware its marked on course work and in not sure what will happen with the management day.

Oops, 'good morning'...sorry was out the back so didn't hear you come in!

As already advised the Tech Cert, as we all know (knew) it, is no more as it's being 'modernised' by Mr Dowson and ABC Awards.

By way of interest whilst it's origins are with the AA, the qualification is know who adminstered and developed by 'ABC Awards', who are the awarding body whihc enable the qualification to be formally recognised, and of course with input from Mr D. That said the AA's 'Education Committee' are consulted.

For further information on the current state of play please see Further guide to qualifications and careers in arboriculture

Call back if any further questions.

Many thanks..

Paul

When can we expect the new qualification to be ready and who is going to offer it? I've signed up for it at moulton twice but with they seem to have limited interest in the perusing the course.

I would suggest giving Mr Dowson, or his very (very) able assistant Ms Dowson (Keely), at Treelife a call to enquire as to the latest and what they can offer.

Good luck..!

Paul

Oops, 'good morning'...sorry was out the back so didn't hear you come in!

As already advised the Tech Cert, as we all know (knew) it, is no more as it's being 'modernised' by Mr Dowson and ABC Awards.

By way of interest whilst it's origins are with the AA, the qualification is know who adminstered and developed by 'ABC Awards', who are the awarding body whihc enable the qualification to be formally recognised, and of course with input from Mr D. That said the AA's 'Education Committee' are consulted.

For further information on the current state of play please see Further guide to qualifications and careers in arboriculture

Call back if any further questions.

Many thanks..

Paul

does that mean I have wasted my time and money or will it still have some credence in the arb world given that i will have the last of the old qualifications when I pass (faking confidence to trick myself)?

I think the Tech Cert will always been seen as a top qualification for level 3, even after it is replaced. It's a much better qualification than the ND/NC (and as someone who has done all 3 I can say that with meaning). I don't think you will be wasting your money at all. Good luck with it!

does that mean I have wasted my time and money or will it still have some credence in the arb world given that i will have the last of the old qualifications when I pass (faking confidence to trick myself)?

Absolutely, the Tech Cert Arb is a very well recognised qualification and in whatever guise will always have industry creedance.

My personal view is that it is level 4 training for a level 3 qualification, as others have related to ISA Cert Arb being level 3 for a level 2 (which I wholly agree with too!), and hence is well worth while.

'Head down' and good luck!

Cheers..

Paul