big fat gypsy weddings

Martyn Amos

Lee

Do you think there is a Governmental prejudice stemming from a negative social perception of the Travelling community?If so what is the goal of the Governments "agenda?"

Definitely Mike, the government want to keep tabs on us all, at all times! hence we have so much CCTV in the UK, and they certainly don't want part of the populace nomadic , and god forbid earning a bit of cash or living an alternative lifestyle that doesn't involve us getting into huge amount of debt, in other words a mortgage at around 20 times your annual salary. Big debt and mortgage only serve one man and thats big business.....

See Mike if its OK for Mr Gypsy traveller to live outside of conventional living standards [though not so unconventional in the USA or Australia] IE a house and free himself from financial slavery, why shouldn't others do the same? a big percentage of the economy rely's the housing industry, the last thing the big money men want is us all living in mobile homes, in the countryside with our familys and animals around us enjoying life [debt free] that just isn't good for business!

Edited by Lee Winger

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dictionary Info:-

Gypsy/Traveller:- a person who lives in caravans and wonders for place to place.

Did anyone ask the Gypsy/traveller if he agreed with that definition.........:confused1:

If I were you mate I'd sling that dictionary in the bin.............:thumbup:

Here's a mere fraction of the Gypsy world community, the cultures are so close they all get lumped together, and titled Gypsy or traveller Gypsy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Could you spot the differences between a Housa from Nigeria and a Xhsona from South Africa? hence we call them all Africans, but they fully understand the differences in each community

Edited by Lee Winger

Did anyone ask the Gypsy/traveller if he agreed with that definition.........:confused1:

If I were you mate I'd sling that dictionary in the bin.............:thumbup:

"Travel" means travel not fixed place of abode.

The real gypsies I have known agree.

There is a rude name that came from Irish Navies waiting for work at entrances to turnpikes I do not wish to state.

I have no issues with all people having alternative lifestyles provided it is within the law and it does not hassle mainstream people's life and income.

"Travel" means travel not fixed place of abode.

The real gypsies I have known agree.

There is a rude name that came from Irish Navies waiting for work at entrances to turnpikes I do not wish to state.

I have no issues with all people having alternative lifestyles provided it is within the law and it does not hassle mainstream people's life and income.

Well to start traveller is a word the settled people called the travellers! Irish travellers in there own tongue call themselves Pavee or Mincier and English travellers call themselves Romanichal or more recently Rromani and as for Gypsy, its old English for Gyptian, the first Romaichals encountered in the 1500's were either thought to or claimed to come from Egypt.

Throw that dictionary in the bin

Edited by Lee Winger

There is a rude name that came from Irish Navies waiting for work at entrances to turnpikes

Prior the industrial revolution you'd be surprised how many people/family's camped near the turnpikes not just Irish travellers/Pavee or the Romany, literally thousands of people lived a nomadic lifestyle, from peddlers and hawkers, knife grinders, chimney sweeps, weavers, drovers, horse dealers, agricultural labourers, tin smiths, musicians, actors to just about any trade.

As a nation of people we are at no stretch of the imagination all related to travellers of some kind or another, you only have to check out the old censuses of the 1800's to see that

From the looks of your avatar some of that juice still flows in some of us.....

Edited by Lee Winger

It is a Norwegian Lavvo Telt "Living Tipi" we use for demos and when working on sites with bad weather. Would not like to live full time in one as a nomad although had considered going on a world travel in an overland truck to find somewhere else nice to place roots down following all the stress from the damage and hassle caused at the business site in Derbyshire by some of the "Walking People". (We have the names and know who it is as do the Police and it has now stopped)

I know have somewhere suitable miles up in the mountains with nice fixed locals.

Lee, why do they need land with walls and in many cases chalet type park homes, not

caravans??

Its OK slagging off the government for wanting every one to pay their way, but do Gypsies not use the NHS?

Why should we have to pay for it, but they get it for free??

Lee, why do they need land with walls and in many cases chalet type park homes, not

caravans??

Its OK slagging off the government for wanting every one to pay their way, but do Gypsies not use the NHS?

Why should we have to pay for it, but they get it for free??

They need walls and chalets because they only get into the trailers/caravans in the summer to pretend they are true gypsys :001_rolleyes: I stopped on a site a couple of nights once they had taken over a big field behind B&Q, it was the middle of summer and the traveller I knew was sat around a campfire cooking broth in a pot hanging from one of those tri pod things, he said to me do ya reckon you could handle this life? I just burst out laughing it was like a holiday! Later that year I was living in a little two birth working away from home waking up to in the top of a cup of water one morning, I told the traveller about it he said f that I live in my house in the winter :lol: when you see them at the sideof the road they usually live 200 yards down the road in a house believe me. And as for the alien environment crap and the other things they complain about it's just a way of using the human rights card. It's owt for nowt lifestyle.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Lee, they were complaining they had nowhere to go. If they don't want free land, and have means and money, why not buy land with planning? And if they want land with planning, why not buy a house? They call themselves travellers, but all they seem to want to do is build permanent structures illegally then whinge about it afterwards.

We have laws in this country. If they don't like them, perhaps they should travel abroad?

I agree with you about the prejudice thread, but people become prejudiced for reasons. Like having stuff nicked all the time. They don't help themselves. It might be the case of them getting tarred with the same brush because of the behaviour of a minority, but that's not my experience of it.

End of my comments on it. The programme has got boring already. Last nights episode felt like watching a repeat.

They need walls and chalets because they only get into the trailers/caravans in the summer to pretend they are true gypsys :001_rolleyes: I stopped on a site a couple of nights once they had taken over a big field behind B&Q, it was the middle of summer and the traveller I knew was sat around a campfire cooking broth in a pot hanging from one of those tri pod things, he said to me do ya reckon you could handle this life? I just burst out laughing it was like a holiday! Later that year I was living in a little two birth working away from home waking up to in the top of a cup of water one morning, I told the traveller about it he said f that I live in my house in the winter :lol: when you see them at the sideof the road they usually live 200 yards down the road in a house believe me. And as for the alien environment crap and the other things they complain about it's just a way of using the human rights card. It's owt for nowt lifestyle.

Here here.