Running

Mark Bolam

Some sensible people have mentioned most of the important stuff (eating right, shorter workouts) and I agree.

If you want a really good set of guidelines I like Mark's Daily Apple even if it is geared towards Americans and 'weight loss'. Works for me.

Don't worry having seen your air guitar/ms200 the spare tyre is soon for the scrap heap.

T.

Edited by Swooop
atrocious spelligns

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought about that Lorry, but I haven't got enough tats or bling for the clubs down here, and I don't have a Staffie.:001_tongue:

Haha the ones I've been to are usually full of good lads I was crap at it bit the circuit training I loved once the boys are in some sort of decent routine I will do some circuit training again and some weights. I reckon if you are running and still doing the weights it's all going be down to diet mate:thumbup:

Mark Sprint training is one of the fastest way to burn off excess fat. All you need to do is find a long field and sprint for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds then sprint for 30 seconds, etc, etc. You probably only need to do 4 sprints on 3-4 days a week. I know i doesn't sound like a lot but you'll shift weight fast, i did it when i used to compete in hapkido. Also holding the plank positions are very good for the mid rift too.

P.s Search body weight exercises, there on facebook and they are killers!! but work well and you don't need anything like weights etc.

I found doing shuttle runs was a great way to increase stamina and general fitness when I was playing football. Set out a few markers 5-10m apart and mark a start line. Run to the first back to start out to second back to start etc. Build it up till your doing maybe 10 markers but have the total length about 30m. Works well.

Ive just started running, Ive given up the fags so need something to do, but......

Ive picked up a back injury (compressed spine, trapping sciatic nerve) and the chiropractor has said running contributes to the problem. Untill my back is sorted and I go back to running I cant say whether it does or doesnt but I'll be gutted if I have to give up running too.

Ive just started running, Ive given up the fags so need something to do, but......

Ive picked up a back injury (compressed spine, trapping sciatic nerve) and the chiropractor has said running contributes to the problem. Untill my back is sorted and I go back to running I cant say whether it does or doesnt but I'll be gutted if I have to give up running too.

Can you do cycling instead?

Trawl the net for alternative solutions . I have terrible shin splints but the pain is now under control . I found that wrapping my leg in elastic horse bandages seems to cure the problem . :thumbup:

Mind they have to be tight . I only get 2 / 3 miles before I can,t feel my foot :lol: