thoughts on 066 on ebay please

mikecotterill

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally if you i was looking to buy a 660 i would buy one from a local dealer that has a god reputation , also if you are not totally sure as to how "genuine" the saw that you have seen on ebay is then i would stick well clear . second hand big saws really are not worth the trouble most of the time !!

Cheers guys, basically it's a saw that won't get used very much, but when it's needed it'll save killing my 044. I'll see what it goes for I've checked the new prices out so know roughly what to bid. I always said I wouldn't buy another 2nd hand saw too, tho the one I did was a good'un! But it's hard to justify paying double for a new one. £400 saving is a lot.

It does look pretty genuine though the painted bar would worry me.

Otherwise not much evidence of damage

Remember though it's not unusual to get 20% discounts from some dealers on stihl so bear that in mind when bidding- you also get a ticket for your books- also get VAT back if registered- I'm sure you know all this it's just that I am sceptical when it comes to second hand- but thats just me.

Also amuses me when people post to forums on an item that will probably mean increased numbers bidding on that item now:biggrin: