Hydraulic modification on an MF 35x

rowan lee

This is the back of my 35, it has one hydraulic auxiliary for a one way hydraulic ram on the left there just under the seat. We use it for a small tipper trailer.

Could anyone on here explain to me in simple terms if/and how i could modify this circuit further for use on a two way ram i.e. have a second auxiliary female for use on a basic log splitter, hydraulic link box, or top link ram.

Would it be possible to split the existing female, and run some kind of reverse relay? (Not sure what I'm talking about exactly, cos i'm not a mechanic, and not sure what is possible)

Would it cost much to do if possible? Do know of any links that might be able to help me, with pictures etc.

Thanks a lot to all in advance.

4902251555_a4eacb576d_b.jpg.c5c651a1c3ef79c36b95016e45238000.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I understand right, in simple terms, if you get a double acting valve and run the feed from the existing single acting valve into the D/a valve and then from there, take a return to the top of the tank (so probably the back end of the tractor on yours) and put the s/a valve on constant pump then the d/a valve should work both ways.

Most simple log splitter will have there own double acting spool valve with a lever within easy reach of the operator.The oil can be supplied by your trailer tipping pipe with the quadrant lever set for constant pumping.

All you need is a return for the oil.There should be a plug with an allen key socket on the hydraulic cover located just infront of the right hand lift arm.Remove plug and replace with a female 1/2" quick release coupling and job done:thumbup:

If I understand right, in simple terms, if you get a double acting valve and run the feed from the existing single acting valve into the D/a valve and then from there, take a return to the top of the tank (so probably the back end of the tractor on yours) and put the s/a valve on constant pump then the d/a valve should work both ways.

:thumbup::thumbup:

What Chris says should work fine.

I have a block like this on my splitter, same difference but on the machine instead of say the mud guard of the tractor say.

Cost me about £70 and had a few bits of piping and fittings lying around;

DSCF0798.jpg

First thing you have to do is plumb in a return feed back in through what is now the hydraulic oil filler (I think that on the 35's it's just to the right of the top link.) that lets used oil flow back into the reservoir.

The easiest thing to do is get a twin lever double acting spool block mounted on the wing, with your tractor tip pipe plugged into it feeding it on constant pump. Coming from that block you can have your 4 female connectors. that way you can get two double acting connections for basic splitters/top links etc. when you need it for basic tipping or for constant pump, you can just unplug the spool block and use the tip pipe as normal. I can get a drawing done by tomorrow if that makes no sense to you.

Cheers for your fast replies lads, seems you guys know what your on about. Didn't realise it would be as simple as that. Will make a nice little weekend project sometime.

Seems that all I'm missing is the spool valve then and a return oil input fitting. Thanks.

Would i be right in thinking the male valves on a standard splitter or other implement would be a smaller diameter to the s/a female valve i already have? If so presumably i can get a quick realise adopter to solve that problem.