defenderjack

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Av it out! :thumbup1: Its leaning to the right hand side over what looks like a blind bend on a hill with a wall and footpath underneath :thumbdown:. If you walk away you could loose the customer. If its just left and the right hand limb cracks out over the road it wont look good on you. Or If a reduction and the possiblity of finding rot pockets means that you wouldnt be happy with the finished result, just fell it and replant :thumbup:

Why are you all so pro removal??? I thought we were in the days of enlightenment and conservation :lol:?

If there are no H&S issues and the customer wants to retain the tree, suggesting anything else just to make a bit of money is very short sighted as they won't come back to.

Think of the bugs, bats and beasties lurking in all that ivy :thumbup1:. Do you reaaaallly want to make them homeless?

Why are you all so pro removal??? I thought we were in the days of enlightenment and conservation :lol:?

If there are no H&S issues and the customer wants to retain the tree, suggesting anything else just to make a bit of money is very short sighted as they won't come back to.

Think of the bugs, bats and beasties lurking in all that ivy :thumbup1:. Do you reaaaallly want to make them homeless?

So what is your suggestion then ?

Av it out! :thumbup1: Its leaning to the right hand side over what looks like a blind bend on a hill with a wall and footpath underneath :thumbdown:. If you walk away you could loose the customer. If its just left and the right hand limb cracks out over the road it wont look good on you. Or If a reduction and the possiblity of finding rot pockets means that you wouldnt be happy with the finished result, just fell it and replant :thumbup:

Im with you. It is leaning over a wall at the top of a hill on a blind bend. Its only going to cause more problems in the future for the customer.

Break out the pull lines and the 66.

hi janey , i do see where your coming from and your probably right with what youve said , although the customer wants to keep the tree if possible im not sure that there be prepared to pay out for stripping ivy ,then reduction and then to find it needs felling anyway ,i realise that theres alot of variables in that and it might work out better than expected , i guess i dont want it to look unsightly when its done as its in a very public place and while me and the customer knows the purpose unfortunatly most of the public dont . i shall meet with them again to discuss all this so its not doomed to fell just yet !:001_smile:

Why not just sever the Ivy at the base and do a bit of a climbing inspection to look for any defects? No need to fell a perfectly healthy tree.

so youve never felled a perfectly healthy tree ??:sneaky2: if all the tree surgeons i know could make a living out of just doing reductions and felling dangerous or dying ones then il eat my words !! .... but i dont think i will :biggrin:

why not just reduce it?:confused1: thats what the customer wants, if you do not want to do the job, just tell them that:001_smile:

. If you genuinely think it should be removed, then not doing this because you will not get future work is very wrong imo.:thumbdown:

Its only ivy, severe it at the bottom, cut out the top easy stuff, reduce the tree, job done:biggrin: