A Dangerous Removal ...

Aerial Arborist

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the one shown in the video from a neighbor for $50. He shot the thing at me from about 150' ~ I was impressed and immediately tied a cord to it and shot it up into a tree. The shoulder stock is an option and worth it because it really helps in aiming it. Here it is for sale at Cabella's:

Cabela's: Retrieve-R-Trainer and Kit

Mewp??? Just a question, not being critical.

I was not aware it was important to put a video of your work up.

I like watching them but I'll not be buying a cam-corder and having somebody stand around for hours watching me carry out tree work. I don't know how to edit them anyway. I thought this was a discussion forum not a cinema club.

Each to there own.

We have all carried out work on dodgy trees where you have too. If you don't have to, then choose a safer method like in most pro industries. No brainer!

Mewp??? Just a question, not being critical.

I was not aware it was important to put a video of your work up.

I like watching them but I'll not be buying a cam-corder and having somebody stand around for hours watching me carry out tree work. I don't know how to edit them anyway. I thought this was a discussion forum not a cinema club.

Each to there own.

We have all carried out work on dodgy trees where you have too. If you don't have to, then choose a safer method like in most pro industries. No brainer!

But surely if he feels the tree is safe to climb and he has the skill to safely climb it, why waste profit on a MEWP???

I agree that if only those who have posted pic's or vid's are free to pass comment it would get very quiet in here.

I always enjoy looking at pic's and vid's and very much appreciate those who post :thumbup1:

Edited by skyhuck

OR assume the guy knows what he is doing, assesed the job, chosen the best way for him to do it safely and financially for all concerned and took the time to video it.:thumbup1:

I wouldnt of bothered throw lining that tree BUT if i had a launcher like that i would bag every privette hedge, squirrel, bigonia and passer by i could:lol:

MEWP vs climbing. That old Chestnut! What was I thinking.

:001_rolleyes:

Good on him for doing it. Balls of steel. If you cannot a big enough mewp to site.

Mike. I must remember to hire a vid cam next time I am out. I can assure you though you will not see anything dodgy or cowboyish. You will not see anything exciting ether. Just a bloke climbing a tree for a living.

Full respect for all the guys taking the time doing new things or interesting jobs and putting them up for all to see.

Everyone to their own:thumbup:

The video thing is something I decided to add to my website to promote my work and it has worked.

It all started when a customer made a video of a takedown I did on her rather large and threatening Oak near her house. She used a cheap "Flip" camera and the video is poor, but her commentary was priceless.

The cuts I make on the tree before felling it are to clear her other trees on the drop. The limbs I dropped there are bigger than most trees I trim. The first one had to miss the well, and the second had to swing laterally to miss the porch. After that there was only a small slot to put it down in.

Here is "Monster Oak" for your viewing pleasure:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXOW6DSGAvE]YouTube - Felling Monster Oak[/ame]

Who would not hire me after seeing that tricky drop? Actually more technical than tricky. My wife and I were there for a total of three hours for the work, including this bit before to decide what to charge:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE1iSs8xR6c&NR=1]YouTube - The First Look[/ame]