How much for a service?

J Scott

Sounds like it probably just wanted the idle raising slightly if everything else was in order. everyone i know who ever takes their saws, bikes or vans etc to a shop gets their pants pulled down on labour...with a motor its a bit more acceptable but paying a 'garden equipment' mechanic £50 an hour is a joke its not even hard and half the time they don't know whats going on anyway and just accuse you of not mixing oil with your petrol and fit a load of new parts for no reason. not good.

Have a go yourself these saws are dead simple, and you can do all the work in the comfort of your own kitchen or living room, i accidentally left a small bit of rubber inthe cylinder of my 200t once using an improvised piston stop, me and my mate had the whole thing in pieces on the table and back together againw ith rubber removed in under 2 hours and we'd never done it before, learn now n save loads of money :001_smile:

Edited by Billy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fix all my equiptment i never looked at a manual just unbolt stuff make sure you know where it all goes simple, when i first brought a 200t i took it apart just to know how i can diagnose problems instantly and fix them onsite,

Dont be affraid to try the worst part is the fuel tank fiddly. £50 an hour haha really surely you know when you been tango'd :)

Ill fix your saws for £25 an hour plus parts no vat,

£50 per hour is £800 per day for 2 guys working with danger and shed loads of gear.

I think they take the proverbial

Servicing should be about £25 per hour max

Less the rates, rent, tools, insurance, admin, computers, office staff, vans, etc...:001_smile:

that price does seem high, i think my main deaLer charges 45 euro which i thought was high compared to car garages anyway i think the main point is how good the service is i have a cheap little place near mine and my saw has been in twice and still has the same prob so maybe i should of paid more??

good luck getting it going as a dodgy saw drives you mad!!

That is a very steep price for a service. I don't even pay double that for a full car service!

I do all my own servicing. All it costs me is time and any parts. Love learning how to do it. Obtained workshop manuals which are drawn exactly how my brain pictures it which is great!