which type of log splitter?

Joe

oh boy! whats the obsession with log splitters? trying to save a bit of hard work boys? fastest way to process firewood is a fordson major and mcconnel pto sawbench,trust me,tried it all ways and thats the quickest,and you dont even bend your back,job done!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh boy! whats the obsession with log splitters? trying to save a bit of hard work boys? fastest way to process firewood is a fordson major and mcconnel pto sawbench,trust me,tried it all ways and thats the quickest,and you dont even bend your back,job done!

Not that mobile behind an LDv though is it which is what steve is after! Even the super major ain't quick enough to drive very far on the road commercially.

I also hire mine out to customers. After we've cut everything into rings or "firewood lengths" as stated in the quotation, the customer says "what am I supposed to do with that? Can you split them for me" I then give them a flyer for the logsplitter hire. Most people who have large enough trees and a need for logs often have a handyman gardiner type who they can hire the logsplitter for to use. Then its a few extra quid for no extra work.

I also hire mine out to customers. After we've cut everything into rings or "firewood lengths" as stated in the quotation, the customer says "what am I supposed to do with that? Can you split them for me" I then give them a flyer for the logsplitter hire. Most people who have large enough trees and a need for logs often have a handyman gardiner type who they can hire the logsplitter for to use. Then its a few extra quid for no extra work.

what do you charge to hire the machine out ?

i really need a road towable one, thats the problem

Have a look at one of these http://http://www.masonwoodchippers.com/masons%20web%20pages/L63%20RAM%20LOG%20SPLITTER%20STOCK%20BIG%20PAGE.htm

We have a similar one but made by Bachtold brothers (it looks like a copy tbh and sold by the same people)

It tows fine on the road and has enough power to split anything we have tried.

I have to hire it out weekly, sunday to sunday usually, if I delivered/collected it daily durign the week it would screw up my day and be pointless. So I advertise it (only on a flyer that I give to customer or put in envelope with invoice) at 150 per week inc delivery (20 miles) and vat. So I should make 100 each time. They supply the fuel.

I've negotiated on price when they clearly only need it for one day but they still get it for the week. Daily would be 60 quid plus vat plus delivery so not much saved.

Done it five times this year so 1 third of the machine paid for without me using it. The rest is paid for out of selling logs but I mostly only sell them to clear my yard, I'm not a full on firewood supplier.