Would this work?

RobRainford

Just been wasting time in my lockup. Came up with this as an alternative to a hitchclimber. The petzl fixe is taking no load here. It is the maillon hooked on the lower crab in between the cheek plates. Would work better with a spliced eye. I do have a HC but I was thinking of this as having a backup system ready to use? Operates exactly the same. Had no problem with the vt grabbing next to the bowline.

Comments?

d57bc3b3-6b31-e6e4.jpg

d57bc3b3-6b4b-339f.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what the maillon is for? Why don't you just clip the krab on the end of your rope to your harness bridge?

I wouldn't want the bowline termination so near to the hitch.

Tidy lockup by the way!!

The maillon is to work like a second point of attachment next to the hitch. Like the hitchclimber with it's 3 holes. The maillon creates another hole to clip in to. If that makes sense?

Didn't think of that to be honest. Thought it would be a bit tidier together like that. But that would work.

I've toyed with the idea of using a small petzl paw rigging plate on my harness bridge. Would this be worth trying?

I like to know where everything is so I can grab it all. Everythings got it's own hook!

I've toyed with the idea of using a small petzl paw rigging plate on my harness bridge. Would this be worth trying?

Aye, tis much awesome.

When it comes round to faffing with your setup, the golden rule is:- Simplicity wins. Oh and that mallion will gladly tear huge LOLER failing chunks out of your petzl bollocks. Get rid. :D

Aye, tis much awesome.

When it comes round to faffing with your setup, the golden rule is:- Simplicity wins. Oh and that mallion will gladly tear huge LOLER failing chunks out of your petzl bollocks. Get rid. :D

Use a small dyneema sling instead Rob?:thumbup1: Or get one of the pinto pulleys. Honey bros just started stocking them!

Edited by BenR

if u were u i would just attach the karabina with the bowline on it, straight to your harness, but you will have two karabinas on there

But that defeats the point of making it like a hitchclimber:confused1: