standing timber required midlands - hard and softwood

Ha ha

Standing timbers hard to come by, but it should't be there's alot of woodland not under management that could be, I blame consultants, they should be filling the link but instead get in the way.

Charge lots of money for colourful management plans which hold no relevance to practical silviculture are generally useless.

Ha ha

Standing timbers hard to come by, but it should't be there's alot of woodland not under management that could be, I blame consultants, they should be filling the link but instead get in the way. Charge lots of money for colourful management plans which hold no relevance to practical silviculture are generally useless.

bloody hell who pissed you off :confused1: as someone who does some advisory the biggest organisation getting in the way is the FC :thumbdown: I have several blocks of unmanaged woodland I advise on, all of which i want timber to come out of, but FC are being so slack at authorising management plans (which on these sites includes felling licenses) and where relevent paying the woodland improvement grant funding that most are at a standstill to be honest if they scrapped felling licenses or made the system quicker and made it so the local offices werent over 2 1/2hrs away with staff on restricted driving distances, then the situation may be easier, tbh im aware of 4 sites round here where timber is being felled without the relevent paperwork in place, purely in frustration of FC not being quick enough at sorting the consents out. They should be stripped of any grant/licensing/consenting works and have that aspect passed on the Natural England which would make the whole process much more streamlined (and then the rest can be privatised :lol:)

bloody hell who pissed you off :confused1: as someone who does some advisory the biggest organisation getting in the way is the FC :thumbdown: I have several blocks of unmanaged woodland I advise on, all of which i want timber to come out of, but FC are being so slack at authorising management plans (which on these sites includes felling licenses) and where relevent paying the woodland improvement grant funding that most are at a standstill to be honest if they scrapped felling licenses or made the system quicker and made it so the local offices werent over 2 1/2hrs away with staff on restricted driving distances, then the situation may be easier, tbh im aware of 4 sites round here where timber is being felled without the relevent paperwork in place, purely in frustration of FC not being quick enough at sorting the consents out. They should be stripped of any grant/licensing/consenting works and have that aspect passed on the Natural England which would make the whole process much more streamlined (and then the rest can be privatised :lol:)

My felling license came through within one week, Bridgnorth, Shropshire.

I looked at a WIG but for what I would get back decided to do it myself and not be tied into the system.