My new 660 got baptised

Mr. Bish

2100!

I lent my old one to a firewooding mate last year.

It hadnt been started for two and a half years, we filled it with petrol and 6 pulls on choke and she fired!

2 more off and she was off!

I was delighted, what a marvellous bit of engineering!

3 log rings later when I had no feeling in my hands and bitten my tongue twice I decided to let him

"bring it back when you've finished with it" !

I remember slicing a sycamore down in rings with one when I was a newbie, on me steel screwgate and 3 strand!

Were them the days?:confused1:

2100!

I lent my old one to a firewooding mate last year.

It hadnt been started for two and a half years' date=' we filled it with petrol and 6 pulls on choke and she fired!

2 more off and she was off!

I was delighted, what a marvellous bit of engineering!

3 log rings later when I had no feeling in my hands and bitten my tongue twice I decided to let him

"bring it back when you've finished with it" !

I remember slicing a sycamore down in rings with one when I was a newbie, on me steel screwgate and 3 strand!

Were them the days?:confused1:[/quote']

Much better balanced than the 660 In my opinion, especially with a 36 inch bar

They were definately better with a 36" bar and 404 chain.

We had two back in the day , one was 28" 3/8 and the other was 404 and we had 34" and a 36" bars for it.

My own was a 28" 3/8. Tidy saw, not ideal, but got me going.

I am not ringing up logs so I only use a large saw for cross cutting to length and felling.

I prefer to use a smaller saw wherever possible, as its handier.

Realistically, there's only the very largest trees need any bigger than a 25" bar to fell them and I manage most of the time with a 20".

i have used 2 660 recently and was very dissapointed in the levels of vibration had to stop using them compared to my 372 and 395 which are a lot better is it down to springs against rubbers or down to the colour

I run the 660, full wrap handle and with a 36" and 28" bar. I think this is a great saw. I don't have much experience with the current line of Huskies but have used most of the old saws. I think it is amazing the technology can produce so much power in such a smooth running, light weight saw. Even with the 36" bar, I do consider this a light weight saw.

Dave

i have used 2 660 recently and was very dissapointed in the levels of vibration had to stop using them compared to my 372 and 395 which are a lot better is it down to springs against rubbers or down to the colour

Well I'm not colour prejudiced, I have both orange and orange and white saws, and in different sizes and for different jobs they both have their merits.

FTR, my favourite saw is a 262, pick it up every day, out of choice. More through sentiment than anything else!

Its got a 14" bar and 8 rim, the 357 is a bit more powerful and vibrates less but doesnt balance as nicely, and the handle is just ever so slightly cast differently to all the other saws, so you have to look and check where you're felling with it.

My close second favourite is a 440. an excellent, powerful, well balanced saw, spoilt only by lack of Husky type turbo air cleaning. The newer 441 has this, nuff said.

The only trouble is with good quality saws is that if you look after them well they dont let you down and you dont have to replace them with the latest new model!

My mate is still cutting up firewood with my old 2100!

I'll respond to several above comments.

Yes the anti-vib on Huskys is better.

Of course the 2100 is better "balanced" than a 660 w/36 inch bar. It's several pounds heavier. I sold one years ago to get my 3120...now have two more, that I got cheap. I like them, but they're old tech.....I'll sell at least one of them, as they have been bringing big $ of late on eBay...

The 660 must be fitted with the dual port muffler to unleash its power. When that is done, and maybe even a tad more port opening yet, it becomes the best power to weight saw on the market. Well, the Solo 681 and 7900 Dolmar are in that same league---they are the best of the 70-80 cube class...even out cut the 85 cc 385 Husky---in stock form.

The first edition 575 is a dog, compared to the 7900, or 372, or 460. It has good power, but is way heavier. That said, the 575NE is due out soon, suposed to be lighter, with 0.4 more hopsepower. sounds good. I've not run either, just going by all the board talk. Most users of it and the 441 comment on the torque and fuel economy of these new tech power heads.