First budget tractor.

harvey b davison

Don't like the sound of jumping out of pto. Sounds like something is wearing to me.

If I remember rightly the PTO is engaged with a lever like a handbrake - a bit of cleaning , lubricating and adjustment should be all it needs.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the pto is jumping out keep clear, its a cab off job to sort and most likely bearings on the lay shaft or wear on the forks in the gear box. i did an inter 885 super 2 a long time a go when 15 (32 now) and remember it was a pain, forks had to be built up with weld as i remember. also watch out for brakes theyre also a pain to do in internationals, o ring goes but its off with the axle trumpets.

How much roughly would a pto chipper be (4" max) and would a fergy be powerful enough to run it. Again any info much appreciated.

Howya mate. This pto chipper on the back off a 35 here, is a Negri 220 (15cm cap.). Cost 1500e in decent 2nd hand condition (about 3500e new i think) with new blades. Isn't in every day use but is perfect for a small holding like ours and occasional spring cleaning.

As for a first tractor, if i was buying i'd be keen to get something like a Leyland as well or a small Case with a front loader. The old 35 we have goes on and on for ever, but the fetch a good few pound in reasonable condition. With a set of doubles on the back, they will get through some fairly mushy soft spots.:thumbup:

100_0970.jpg.80478db6b76e4fe265ed154809255b49.jpg

What about something from the international fold, b-275's are good value for money good torqy engines loads of features simular tractors of the same age do not have such as live hydraulics, dual stage clutch, differential lock, inboard brakes, modern sized pto shaft, 8Fx2R gearbox and the parts are not too badly priced the only trouble is they are not the greatest of starters in the cold just have to make sure all the heater plugs are working.

• 2 weeks later...