Dead Cordyline disposal.

18 stoner

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a large fly tip of the stuff (8 trailer loads in total all compacted). The tip wouldnt take. Our fire pit was full to bursting. So a quick 5 min phonecall later and we took it to a local shoot and left it in a barn for the keeper to use as extra cover in his woods. It made a massive difference. He had the logs as well and aparently they burnt very well. He attempted to split them too but gave up after the 10th hit on the first foot long log.

We had a large fly tip of the stuff (8 trailer loads in total all compacted). The tip wouldnt take. Our fire pit was full to bursting. So a quick 5 min phonecall later and we took it to a local shoot and left it in a barn for the keeper to use as extra cover in his woods. It made a massive difference. He had the logs as well and aparently they burnt very well. He attempted to split them too but gave up after the 10th hit on the first foot long log.

This is the type of thing that may happen around here Matt after seeing the amount of dead ones there are. Would be nice to offer a reasonable way of disposal without being worried how we are to deal with them.

I am now starting to think it may be worth trying some stems through the chipper (I have one to try with of my own:sneaky2:) and possibly look at marketing the fronds as exellent kindling:thumbup1:

There are going to be lots of these things to deal with in the near future:001_rolleyes:

This is the type of thing that may happen around here Matt after seeing the amount of dead ones there are. Would be nice to offer a reasonable way of disposal without being worried how we are to deal with them.

I am now starting to think it may be worth trying some stems through the chipper (I have one to try with of my own:sneaky2:) and possibly look at marketing the fronds as exellent kindling:thumbup1:

There are going to be lots of these things to deal with in the near future:001_rolleyes:

The biggest fly tip i have ever had to deal with was about 60 ton of tree tops of various species. We borrowed a pto chipper on the back of a jcb fastrac. We had another contractor turn up with his massive john deere and a grain trailer. We filled the grain trailer twice which he took back to his farm to use as animal bedding. Our boss said it would have been easier to just load it into the trailer as is but there would have been alot of air in between so chipping would have been the more efficient option. Only cost us £50 quid as well which isnt bad for two big tractors, fuel, equipment and haulage. We had what logs were there. To this day we still cant figure out how so much fly tip built up over a week. It had all be tipped out by a tipper type van judging by the double wheels on the back axle.

if you know how to work a chipper you will be able to chip them.:biggrin:

Seems pointless worrying about how you are going to process all these trees when you dont even know if the owners want them done:001_rolleyes:

OR as darren says, leave it to the gardeners to hack them down and shove them in the brown bins, job done.:001_smile: