395xp UK 6.6hp to US 7.1hp???

jackchich

now i've just shelled out on a 395xp as a christmas prez... for my self:001_tongue:

just discovered that a 390xp is 6.5hp and a 395xp is 6.6hp not the us and aus 7.1hp :confused1:

now can anyone shed some light on this as to what i need to do to get it up to its designed 7.1hp?? otherwise i should have saved £60 n gone for the lighter 390xp :sneaky2:

thx

sure its to do with some perthetic emisions regs. but there has got to be some very simple differance like an air starved carb with smaller jets then designed? it really can't be much atall.

if no one can help then i'll compare the us n uk carb specs n see wats what but sure a few of you have alrady gone down tis rought. will have every 395xp owner ripping there saw apart on chrismas day yet ;-)

jc

doubt it. alrady taken it for a good spin. great saw lots of grunt. not regreting it as it was only £784 all in with 2 chains n shipping n my local dealer wanteded £909. but its just knowing its capable of alot more and i've ordered a 36" bar which i'm sure would benifit from that little bit extra ;-)

think the uk jet number is 5039888-01 but yet to find the us number to see if its different.

now i've just shelled out on a 395xp as a christmas prez... for my self:001_tongue:

just discovered that a 390xp is 6.5hp and a 395xp is 6.6hp not the us and aus 7.1hp :confused1:

now can anyone shed some light on this as to what i need to do to get it up to its designed 7.1hp?? otherwise i should have saved £60 n gone for the lighter 390xp :sneaky2:

thx

its exactly the same just we use bigger horses in this country:thumbup:

i did wonder if there was a us/uk hp differance like there is in uk/us gallons but its not the case.

has anyone got a emailable 395xp parts manual? if i can get both uk and us vertions then wer farming!!

on the exhaust port side it might well just be a different muffler??

little update

i email husky uk and asked them what the difference was and they replyed:

"Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your email, The UK saw has a different carburettor & muffler

to meet the more stringent emission laws here in the UK.

Regards

Technical Support"

so there u have it but the tec specs say they have the same carb (HS 300A) but differend mufflers also the usa vertion is lowder than the uks which makes me think it might just be the mufflers with a retune?