Cheap van insurance?????

Carl

You'll not find much cheaper than that if your 26 and dont have any no claims. Sell your tipper and buy something that can pull a tipping trailer is my advice.

at 26 you'll only be able to pull a fairly small trailer anyway unless you go and do a B+E test (which in itseld is fairly easy) but would cost a fair bit usually.

All insurance policies seem to have rocketed at the mo - I'm 28 but made the mistake of being a named driver for a lot of years (but had the joy of owning cars not typical for young drivers) rather than taking out my own policy so Mine's still fairly expensive - but this year, even with an extra years no claims it barely dropped at all.

I did get some quite good quotes of Confused.com when I was looking at little vans a month or so ago and one company said that while the first year was fairly expensive, the second year they'd match any no claims I had on other vehicles so it would drop loads - in reality a lot can change in a year but it sounded quite good and they were the cheapest initially - can't remember there name but it had an A at the front and it wasn't Admiral. They always come up first on confused.com in the van section.

I am 24 and my ford ranger is insured for commerical/own use ( carriage of own goods ) and its 1200 quid fully comp. If I sell my car and put the no claims over onto it then it'll drop a few hundred quid. I think the insurance industry is disgraceful in general and in the fact they will only insure you for 1 profession ( gardening type stuff ). In this day and age no-one can afford to do just the one thing. So if i wanted to do removals or something else when its quiet then I don't know how I'd go about it. What does everyone else think?

And As for you Egs you are one of the luckiest people living. I could not insure my car for less than 1400 quid when I was 21 and 1 years bonus, let alone a transit tipper at 19. Good going