new husky climbing saw

john p

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried one of the old ones and wasn't overly impressed. Didn't find it very robust and certainly wouldn't stand up to what I put the MS200T through so will be interested to see if anybody buys one of these things and what they think of them. Apparently a lot of the new huskys are aimed more at the part timer rather than the pro but not sure if the same applies in the UK.

I asked at the Apf and they were a bit cagey.

I said that if they were more costly than the 020 then they would be fighting a losing battle from the start and they seemed to agree.

They know what they are up against and tbh it has to be less to get some interest.

If it costs more than £1 more than an 020 I wont be buying one on principle.:laugh1:

I think this saw is going to be a great rival to the MS 200t and lets face it, up to now there has been NOTHING to touch it!

Everything on the new saw seems so well thought out right down to how it will hang from your harness. The hand grip is much more ergonomic (you have a choice of 3, which ever best suits) then the MS 200t, which may sound daft but when your working with a saw all day its the small things that make a big difference. Speaking in power terms I don't think think that it is to be much more powerful!

Checked it out at the APF and hoping to have a trial with one!

Deffo think Stihl will have to up their game after this one!:thumbup1:

I asked at the Apf and they were a bit cagey.

I said that if they were more costly than the 020 then they would be fighting a losing battle from the start and they seemed to agree.

They know what they are up against and tbh it has to be less to get some interest.

If it costs more than £1 more than an 020 I wont be buying one on principle.:laugh1:

so would you say about £400 to £450

because if you shop around,for the 200t the prices differ,these are the 2 best price i have found

£459.03 tfm [shropshire]inc vat

£499.99 garden machinery direct [hereford]inc vat

:001_smile:

It is all about the cost from the beginning imo.

They have to be cheaper than Stihl or why on earth would you buy one?

Forget the fact that they could be £1 more expensive, the 020 is a known quantity, the people who buy it know what they are are buying and know why they want it.

If you spend £450 on a saw and arent happy its not a good deal but if you spend £450 on a saw that you dont like when you knew you could buy a known good saw would really piss you off.

If they come in at £399 and its a corker they will sell thousands.:thumbup1: