French Concept instructunal videos...

Xerxses

tells a story when the climber feels the need to climb the stem @ 1.58 to be clear of a section. Imo that section should have been allowed to run this to me shows a lack of confidence in both his and his teams ability.

However as promo vid to potential customers, i think it would do just the job.

As a instructional video it would be filed alongside dadios too much bs:thumbdown:

I do that all the time that's how I was taught ,better safe than sorry surely !!! I am totally with mark I liked watching it ....it was kinda like a French John Wayne on spikes movie the more I watch it the better it gets... I'm gonna learn to windmill my 395 like that I reckons I will look super tough and any chicks watching will be spellbound by my special skills !!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do that all the time that's how I was taught ,better safe than sorry surely !!! I am totally with mark I liked watching it ....it was kinda like a French John Wayne on spikes movie the more I watch it the better it gets... I'm gonna learn to windmill my 395 like that I reckons I will look super tough and any chicks watching will be spellbound by my special skills !!

Good thinking! How about a special scabbard to wear on your back?You would probably have to weld a little piper extension to the Muffler on your saw to carry the hot exhaust away from your neck.But it would be a couple of steps up the ladder from the "Windmill"?

yess mike!!I recons your on to some thing ...You could have two on your back incase one got blunt or a 24" and 42" bar the 24" for close quarter cutting the 42"for the big stuff ....then wonder around like an arboricultral pirate...maybe evan an eye patch just to make you look more battle weary..... living the dream.....I can see it now.

If the section was allowed to run 3-4 feet he needn't have moved. I don't disagree with you though there are times when it is good to re position, i just don't think it was necessary to have moved on this occasion:thumbup1:

poor little frenchies getting ridiculed. must wreck the shoulder slinging the big saw up like that. all points of criticism are accurate. but i did like the rollotube and i use the slanty cut. especially for massive bits with nothing below, but here in oz we chip everything, logs get halved quartered whatever, then chucked in. when a log has a slant on it the chipper blades can catch it easier.

I'll try to rember to take some pics today.

I have two, a short and a long one. The metalrod used to be a part of a curtainsetup....:sneaky2::thumbup1:

It was a sliding thing and the rod was attached to the top of the curtains to make it easier to slide them sideways, if you get my explanation?:confused1:

I had a picture in my head of this aid and just stumbled upon this rod in my mums house:blushing: it just happened to be 1.3 mm!

The idea came to me when I watched a film about the pyramids and old Egypt and the way they were rolling bigblocks of stone on timber.

I really thought I had put pictures up here before?!? Byt I just searched and cant find a post... so I must have forgotten to do so.

Heres the pics...

DSC_0114.jpg.2c7d8609217baa2f3163a560d96202ea.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg.c91c05f081f5161cbd4b26151aede331.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg.84a1353736b41090bd4483a7b0b568b0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...