waste definition

likeitorlumpit

I hope this will develop some discussion on a topic that is close to all our hearts

Recently I set about getting an environmental statement set up and during this process have been sent this e mail by the NatWest mentor assigned to the case.

Please pick over the meaning

Further to our conversation on Friday please find attached the Environmental Policy Statement.

With regards to your question on waste, chip, shred, cut or pulverise plant matter is considered as waste however you may find the following information of use;

If you transport waste produced by your own business you don’t usually need to register as a waste carrier, unless you produce construction or demolition waste.

If you keep, treat or dispose of waste you must have an environmental permit from the Environment Agency although you may be able to register for an exemption.

Exemptions relevant to landscaping

You may be able to chip, shred, cut or pulverise waste plant matter for recovery or reuse but the quantity of waste that is dealt with in any seven-day period or quantity stored at any one time must not exceed:

500 tonnes in England and Wales

You may be able to burn wood, bark or other plant matter on the site where the waste was produced if you burn less than 10 tonnes in 24 hours. You must not produce dark smoke.

You may be able to spread biodegradable wastes and soil from gardens and parks to agricultural land as long as it provides agricultural or ecological improvement to the land. You may also be able to spread these wastes on certain non-agricultural land, such as woodland, parks, gardens, verges, landscaped areas, sports or recreation grounds, as long as it provides ecological improvement.

If you have an exemption, you must comply with the exemption conditions.

If you would like some additional information on the Environmental Service provided by Mentor then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

What does it mean?

What does it mean?

What this means Marty... [to be said in a Doc Brown in Back to the Future voice] ...is that bankers know about as much about our profession, as I know about getting fantastic bonuses.

(I bet they laugh harder at us)

• 4 months later...
i know it's an old thread - but i phoned the Environment Agency today and the lady told me that as a tree surgeon or 'soft' landscaper gardener (ie producer of green waste) you DO NOT need a waste carrier licence.

Don't know about that - I wouldn't be so sure, it depends on what is in your waste and whose waste it is... See below;

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/21950-waste-tansfer-notes-fingers-crossed-2.html#post378205

i know it's an old thread - but i phoned the Environment Agency today and the lady told me that as a tree surgeon or 'soft' landscaper gardener (ie producer of green waste) you DO NOT need a waste carrier licence.

That is now my understanding- if you make the waste, you don't transport it for someone else and so are exempt.

That's 15 years of licence money wasted

But everywhere I go(tips and from officials) I get asked for my ticket so I pay for an easy life.

Total -------- (insert word of your choice)

well 18-stoner may help with paperwork... but the EA lady read it from a script .. still wasn't very clear - so i asked directly and she basically said - (as stated by likeitorlumpit). if YOU produce it - and it's green (clipping/grass/virgin wood) - no licence required.

i'll try an get one and scan it..