paid snow days?

ben lightfoot

Do you get paid for snow days?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get paid for snow days?

• paid
    • unpaid

crikey you start early!

Yeah your telling me . I get there even earlyer to sort out the gear so by 6:30 we are ready to go . Alot of our work is in london and i hate traffic so i would rather be there early than late .

If there is one thing i cant stand thats being late especially when you have told people your going to be there . We have ropes up trees and ready to start by 8 that way we get the most done in a day .

The guys who work for me are great they work as hard as they can with no let uo i would rather get out early and give them more time to do there, work that way they dont rush and produce rubbish tree work .

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any employer can afford to pay snow days in this economic climate, then they're a far better business person than me..........

I understand that things are tight and if this weather continues i will struggle but all the time i can pay wages i will . I dont see why they guys should go without i took on that responsiblity when i employed them .

Saying that they have been good to me and said if they have to take unpaided leave to help me out they will but i said untl i run out of money they will still get paided .

I understand that things are tight and if this weather continues i will struggle but all the time i can pay wages i will . I dont see why they guys should go without i took on that responsiblity when i employed them .

you seem like a top employer:thumbup1:

Being self employed I find it really hard to hold my tongue when friends bang on about how they "can't" get to work, if they weren't being paid they'd make the effort:sneaky2:

I'm gagging to go back to work....

We used to pay our lads in the hope that they would eventually work pay the days back by working Saturdays which is great until they realize they have to work Saturdays then we struggle to get them to come in. We also had one lad leave owing hundreds of pounds which we couldn't afford to loose! still haven't got it all back :sneaky2:

So no, we do not pay for snow days any longer. If the lads wish they can work Saturdays to earn more! :thumbup1:

Saying that they have been good to me and said if they have to take unpaided leave to help me out they will but i said untl i run out of money they will still get paided .

Graham dont you just have a young kid working for you ??

Graham dont you just have a young kid working for you ??

They may be young but they still produce better work than that cherry plum you did :001_smile:

and what does it matter how old you are any way they are all fully qualified with the right qualifications and they work there arses of for me so i have no complaints . I am only 24 and i have been running a business for 4 years so i dont see that age should reflect on how good a tree surgeon you are . I have more work than i can cope with and i dont have to contract to Gristwood.

They may be young but they still produce better work than that cherry plum you did :001_smile:

and what does it matter how old you are any way they are all fully qualified with the right qualifications and they work there arses of for me so i have no complaints . I am only 24 and i have been running a business for 4 years so i dont see that age should reflect on how good a tree surgeon you are . I have more work than i can cope with and i dont have to contract to Gristwood.

Maybe I worded that last post wrong Graham what I ment was you talk as if you have a few staff on the books ? . I didn’t mean any harm but you seemed to take it that way and decided to get a little personal. I’m quite happy the way I run my busines even if I don’t do tree work to your high standards.:001_smile: