log burner/boiler combies

we are looking @ getting a large burner/boiler combo to run 20 rads/water has anybody done simlar & what cost is involved ? the burner will be located outside in a large shed/cover over type thing ,iam looking for a large burner that can take bigger than the average log size ,any help/info, it is to run with gsh if poss

cheers johnny:001_smile:

i am seriously looking at getting an eco angus for my parents at the moment.

we are looking at a 60kw to run a 5bed house plus an external building which is a 24 unit boarding kennel (kind of like 4double garages all joined together to give you an idea of size). including water. they are seemingly a good machine and a lot cheaper than the rest of the ones on the market (some companies charge a fortune for this sort of stuff which makes it unrealistic in my opinion especially the chip and pellet systems) however the eco angu sand similar wont take a huge log they need i think 55cm long by 4" face and 20% moisture maximum.

for big stuff we looked at green dragon burners (like farm2000) but thought it a bit much for the old girl to fill it every day with the front end loader as they are designed for bales of straw. Ideal for offcuts and arbwaste but not for a retired couple. (you'd get a retired couple in there mind dont get me wrong)

i am probably 6 - 8 months into seriously looking at these systems and still no closer to getting one. the only thing i have learnt is there would be no point us putting a system in if we didnt have free wood to start with. my mate who is a plumber said for instance in the kennel that he could put an oil boiler, tank and all the rads needed for about 5K. (still running the house off the existing oil boiler. )

a log boiler setup for the house and kennel is probably going to cost us 20K. you really do have to have your 'long term benefits' hat on i think.

I am posting a reply as Eco Angus Ltd a supplier of wood gasification log boilers.

We have the following outputs and this is what they can take as far as log sizes

18kW 500mm Long 10" Diameter

25kW 500mm Long 10" Diameter

40kW 500mm Long 10" Diameter

60kW 750mm Long 10" Diameter

80kW 1000mm Long 10" Diameter

Two ranges Angus Super and Angus Orligno 200

Just want to correct the information on the earlier post if that is OK.

As far as plumbers need to be MCS accredited for grants under the RHI.

If anyone is interested then we can advise suitable installers in your area

(there are only 97 of them at this moment in time in the UK) :001_smile:

I am posting a reply as Eco Angus Ltd a supplier of wood gasification log boilers.

We have the following outputs and this is what they can take as far as log sizes

18kW 500mm Long 10" Diameter

25kW 500mm Long 10" Diameter

40kW 500mm Long 10" Diameter

60kW 750mm Long 10" Diameter

80kW 1000mm Long 10" Diameter

...but you would not want to burn 10" diameter logs ?

Just want to correct the information on the earlier post if that is OK.

As far as plumbers need to be MCS accredited for grants under the RHI.

RHI details have not been finalised...i think the original consultation document stipulated MCS or equivalent

Cheers