nissan Patrol Fuel pump Problems

Stephen Blair

As it says, i have a patrol, year 2000 2.8. It started taking ages to start in the summer time, i thought it was just heater plugs, but before that we put in a new filter and a 1 way valve before the pump incase the fuel was running back, then had the plugs checked and they were fine, i have looked on other forums and it seems to be a problem with this model.

Has anyone else got experience with this or have advice on sorting the problem? A new pump is about a grand:thumbdown: has anyone got any contacts for this kind of thing:thumbup1:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers Tom, my fear is putting it into a garage and they spend a full day lookng and get no where and still charge me a few hundred quid, we havent actually checked the heater plugs but it will start sometimes straight away when its been cold, other times you can switch it off and then straight back on and it will take ages and then a big cloud of smoke comes out the exhaust.

Aye Stevie its a problem that nissan are aware of but dont seem to have a definite answer for . Mine had this problem for 3 years and still did when it went . We tried most things and but to no avail . Make sure you have a good battery as the amount of times ours went flat while trying to start her was quite unreal . Bought a tractor battery in the end . We even used to leave her ticking over on quotes for fear of not starting .

As Tom said above mate, check the plugs are actually operating, the plugs may be fine when tested out of the motor but are they actually getting the required ummmpff

If they are working and heating up fit one of these as close to the injector pump as poss In line Fuel Hand Primer Pump One Way Rugby Ball Type. from Brookwells-

Tommer, relay is fine, the heater light comes on for 5 sec, but i wait for 20 until i hear the relay click, landies are crap btw:001_tt2:

Dean, we have 1 of those fitted already.:thumbup1:

Cheers guys, the jeep runs perfect other than this, i want to sell it on after winter and get the wife a wee car and i will go back to using the T5 BUT i cant sell it to anyone like this:thumbdown: