``Snow Snow Snow oh and snow``

egs

hi guys. this weather is horrible, i am one of the people from alnwick area in northumberland i have 2 feet of snow out side my house..... everythings a knacker job! im just looking for some advice on how to make some cash when the weathers this bad. i have put abit of money away for the winter but didnt realise it would come so sudden.

cheers

When I couldnt get on last year, I went around my elderly clients ensuring their paths were swept, that they had essentials and so on. This doesnt earn you money short term, but they talk to others and tell every one what a nice young man you were for helping, and you end up reaping what you sow.....eventually.

Unless you've got a 4x4 forget it Brent. I'm in Alnwick and have just spent 3 hours digging my van out and its still going nowhere, the snow was half way up the doors in height, must have been a good 3ft at least. Got 4 tree's to do and some logging in Morpeth, but with the A1 constantly shutting getting there is going to be a problem.

How low does the temperature need to be before you can legally refuse to do a job on safety grounds?

Colder than we get in this country. Bear in mind other factors though, treacherous ice, bitterly cold winds (hypothermic conditions?) but most of the time good clothing will prevent most issues. Take flasks of hot drinks, hot soup etc so your body hasnt got to waste energy heating cold food.

How low does the temperature need to be before you can legally refuse to do a job on safety grounds?

When YOU decide its not safe, common sense really:001_tongue: don't let a boss in a nice warm office make you feel you should be taking risks because he said it looks ok. I don't work in the snow if i have the choice hides hholes,ice,ponds. The last 2 times stupid drivers have crashed into me. Didn't mind as it was my old hilux but don't want the transit hit by anything.