Do saws get better with age?

Rupe

I have an ms260 about a year old and it suddenly seems to have become really good! It was always good but it seems to be improving.

I also bought an ms460 a while ago to replace an old 044, but I hated it and continued to use the 044. My groundie uses the 460 and about 2 years later I know think its got a lot better and might even be as good as my 044 now.

Have I been missing the obvoius for all these years? Do they just get better once they are well and truely worn in?

Funny you should say that, especially with reference to the MS260. I bought one last year as my fleet of old 50cc ers weren't reliable enough for a rapid clearfell I was on but stupidly put a 15 bar on and hated it - one lifeless saw or what. Mate of mine has an old old 026 (10 y.o or so) and it is awesome - much more competitive with a 346xp; it really rips so perhaps they do take an age to run in. That said, my 036 has not noticeably got better than when it was new - but it's always been superb...

Funny you should say that, especially with reference to the MS260. I bought one last year as my fleet of old 50cc ers weren't reliable enough for a rapid clearfell I was on but stupidly put a 15 bar on and hated it - one lifeless saw or what. Mate of mine has an old old 026 (10 y.o or so) and it is awesome - much more competitive with a 346xp; it really rips so perhaps they do take an age to run in. That said, my 036 has not noticeably got better than when it was new - but it's always been superb...

mine has a 15 inch bar, no point in any bigger than that, but it seems awesome now, really quite like using it for logging, mostly its the chipper saw!