get the price right?

Czlowiek Drzewo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liken it to when I used to sell power tools

A builder once joked about why he should spend £140 on a Pro dewalt drill when he can buy a crap one from B&Q for £20 with a two year guarantee, if he breaks it he can just take it back and get a new one and he has done so three times already.

I charge a minimum of £60 per hour, a one hour trip to B&Q three times equals £180

Just buy 2 £20 drills and keep one as a spare, when the one you are using packs in, use the spare and change the other next time you are at B&Q, simples :001_smile:

Over twenty years of quoting I still fcuk up now and again . One thing I have learnt is never sell yourself to low . Only the other day we priced a job

at £ 900 and 3 days later we had a letter saying you got the job . I thought we were the cheapest and it turns out someone came in at £400 and they lost the job for being to cheap ?

Over twenty years of quoting I still fcuk up now and again . One thing I have learnt is never sell yourself to low . Only the other day we priced a job

at £ 900 and 3 days later we had a letter saying you got the job . I thought we were the cheapest and it turns out someone came in at £400 and they lost the job for being to cheap ?

Please don't do this :thumbdown:

Steve has asked us many times not to.

Do what ?

You on about stating prices ? . If so is this not a forum for sharing your knowledge of past experiences . Hopefully some young un may benefit from it :001_smile:

Can you not see I have highlighter in bold the 4 letter word you have rearranged the letters of, to dodge the filters. This contravenes forum rules and we have been repeatedly asked not to.

He means swearing.. even if you mix up the letters.. its still offensive to some. Either don't do it or spell it properly and let the swear filter blot it out.

Sorry guys I do need keep this in check . Seriously thanks for that Tom :001_smile: . I will keep this in order from now on . Being told off for something is one thing but not kowing what for is another . Thanks

Can you not see I have highlighter in bold the 4 letter word you have rearranged the letters of, to dodge the filters. This contravenes forum rules and we have been repeatedly asked not to.

I apologise I really wasnt aware of this being a problem . Although I can see it could offend some . Sorry again :001_smile:

Sorry guys I do need keep this in check . Seriously thanks for that Tom :001_smile: . I will keep this in order from now on . Being told off for something is one thing but not kowing what for is another . Thanks

I was not having a go mate :001_smile:

But Steve runs a great show here and does not need the hassle of dealing with this sort of thing :001_smile: